Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 7:27:57 AM EDT

Ever have one of those weeks, where you'd probably be better off locking yourself in a room with a case of beer and a stack of nachos, and not leaving until the week is over?

Monday I go to the dentist (back of my jaw hurts)..and lo and behold, my wisdom teeth are all severely impacted. Needs surgery, ASAP. Joy.

Tuesday, the transmission in my Durango R/T decides it really dosen't feel like working in the prescribed manner, and oh..first gear is a pipedream. It will only start out in 2nd or higher gears. Bring it to the garage, find out that A) apparently, Dodge dosen't like making spare parts for R/T's, B) there's a massive backorder/waiting list for the parts the mechanic thinks I might need, and C) Oh, by the way - the cars computer thought I was doing 120 at WOT, with the brakes fully applied. ABS, the Oxygen sensor, and every other little electronic doohickey was going apesh*t. Replacing the sensors didn't fix the problem, so it's gotta be a transmission problem. (This all came about from driving through a foot-high or so puddle. Do not do this in a Durango, FYI.)

Wednesday (I'm trapped at my parents which happen to live near my garage...the stupid dealership dosen't have a loaner to give me), a miracle happens. The local distributer just happened to have the magical backordered part. So, I spend all day sitting around doing nothing, waiting for the mechanic to drop the tranny and fix it....it finally gets fixed, and I wing back to my apartment around 10pm.

Today, I wake up, and find out a computer I have colocated at a local ISP isn't working right. All my mail, domain hosting, shells, etc are all done from this machine, and I have approaching 100 users now. I call the guy who runs the little mom-and-pop isp...

"The building caught on fire. We don't know what's up with everything yet..."

*sigh* And it's only Thursday. What next?

(Yah, so...I'm whining and playing drama queen. I'll admit it.) [BD]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait'll you see what Friday has in store for you!
I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
At least you have a job....

*boo hoo hoo* Won't someone hire me?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I should have gone to the beach on Monday with three of my friends to stay in a house with a bunch of chicks.  Then tomorrow (Friday) I should be going to Bulletfest, but rather I am here now after having my three remaining wisdom teeth pulled. Cant eat a damn thing, and waiting for them to stop bleeding. So no, I'm not having any fun this week either.    
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top