Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2012 3:44:09 AM EDT
Not a lot of details yet.  The aim was lousy that is for certain.  But a good shoot?

He shot the guy in the foot as he was running away.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/state/2012/01/08/maine-homeowner-shoots-masked-intruder-foot/1137677

EDDINGTON, Maine (AP) — Police say a man has been hospitalized after
being shot in the foot by a homeowner who caught him breaking into his
house in central Maine.

Penobscot County Deputy Sheriff Troy Morton said a family returned to
its home in Eddington Saturday afternoon and discovered somebody inside
the house.

Morton told the Bangor Daily News (http://bit.ly/zuajb8 ) the
homeowner confronted the masked intruder and shot him in the foot as he
fled. The suspect, who was not identified, was later located in a house
across the street.

Morton said the case is under investigation and that the suspect is known to local deputies.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Center of mass would have been a good shoot. Foot ––- not so much.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
How do you explain that you were in fear for your life when the guy was running away? My answer is that you shouldn't have to explain anything when you shoot a thief.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

How do you explain that you were in fear for your life when the guy was running away? My answer is that you shouldn't have to explain anything when you shoot a thief.

It's Nothern Maine, I think the AG and police are going to agree with you.  In Portland, not so much.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
2012 must be hard on people when there is a home invasion story every day this week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's Nothern Maine, I think the AG and police are going to agree with you.  In Portland, not so much.

Which part? Being in fear or shooting a thief?

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In Texas we don't have to be in fear for our life to shoot someone, just irritated.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which part? Being in fear or shooting a thief?

Shooting the thief.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Good intention.  Bad shoot(ing).  
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Home owner needs more practice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When is Center Maine, Northern Maine? Home owner is sadly going to be screwed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#11]
More information here from the BDN:  http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/07/news/bangor/police-respond-to-shooting-in-eddington/
And a pic. Now that I am looking at the where the bandage is,  I am thinking there is something wrong with the story.  How does one get shot in the front of the foot while running away?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top