3. Assemble into cheeseburgers with bacon
4. Post pics of wife on ARFCOM.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thaw burger.
Apply Slap ya mama seasoning.
Fry.
Add cheese and jalapenos. Wash down with Shiner Bock.
Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I lb of deer burger
1 box of Velveeta
1 can of rotel

Brown burger, throw it in crock pot with fake cheese and Rotel.  Set on high, serve with tortilla chips.  

I don't like deer burger––and I've gotten to the point where I don't like ground meat for much of anything, including chili.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Try:  

-Mix 50/50 with breakfast sausage to make a lower-fat, cheaper alternative to sausage.

-I'm sure you've already done spaghetti, chili, tacos, and so on.

-Mix with ground bacon, or beef fat, to make better burgers. Burgers NEED a bit of fat to cook properly.

-Use to stuff peppers for chili rellenos

-Make a fatty and smoke it. Mix deerburger with cheese and bacon, smoke, eat

-Make summer sausage. You'll need to add seasonings, curing salt (morton tender quick) and some fat - maybe some cheese - then cure for 24 hours or more, then smoke. If you don't want to fool with casings, use corn shucks like you'd use for tamales, then smoke. You can even cheat and wrap your summer sausage in aluminum foil and bake in the oven. it's far from ideal, but comes out pretty good. The more fat you add, the better this will be.

-Make mississippi-style tamales. If you like, I can give a real recipe, but basically you mix meat with meal and buttermilk, add spices and fat, blend, form into tamales, wrap in paper, and boil. I could eat these every week, if not more. I love 'em.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You can do anything with deer burger that you can do with the beef version. Meatloaf is a bit better if you mix in a bit of  beef burger or pork burger, though, to give it a little moisture and extra taste, unless yu had a little beef fat mixed in when it was ground. Then it is good to go, as is.

Good stuff.

You might also try making some ground jerky. You mix in the jerky spice, roll it thin and cut it into strips, or use a "Jerky Shooter" (Kinda like a caulking gun that extrudes a thin slab of the mixture) and smoke, dehydrate or even bake it. It makes a damn good snacky type substance!

Here's just one of many pages on the net for jerky.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to the "Outdoors" tab and click on deer hunting. One of the tacked threads has recipes for deer hunting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Try:  

-Mix 50/50 with breakfast sausage to make a lower-fat, cheaper alternative to sausage.

-I'm sure you've already done spaghetti, chili, tacos, and so on.

-Mix with ground bacon, or beef fat, to make better burgers. Burgers NEED a bit of fat to cook properly.

-Use to stuff peppers for chili rellenos

-Make a fatty and smoke it. Mix deerburger with cheese and bacon, smoke, eat

-Make summer sausage. You'll need to add seasonings, curing salt (morton tender quick) and some fat - maybe some cheese - then cure for 24 hours or more, then smoke. If you don't want to fool with casings, use corn shucks like you'd use for tamales, then smoke. You can even cheat and wrap your summer sausage in aluminum foil and bake in the oven. it's far from ideal, but comes out pretty good. The more fat you add, the better this will be.

-Make mississippi-style tamales. If you like, I can give a real recipe, but basically you mix meat with meal and buttermilk, add spices and fat, blend, form into tamales, wrap in paper, and boil. I could eat these every week, if not more. I love 'em.

lol.

<––––––- Stoner.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
1:  Place deer burger in vacuum seal bag, seal bag with vacuum sealer
2:  Place vacuum sealed bag of deer burger in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice
3:  Place styrofoam cooler containing dry ice and deer burger (in vacuum sealed bag) into an appropriately sized cardboard box, seal box with packaging tape
4:  IM Gribble (me) to obtain proper shipping address
5:  Take the tape sealed cardboard box containing the styrofoam cooler containing the dry ice and deer burger (in vacuum sealed bag) to a local parcel handler
6:  Give tape sealed cardboard box (with all the previously mentioned stuff in it) to employee at local parcel handler with instructions to deliver said box (and all of it's contents) to address obtained from Gribble (me) via IM [the employee at the parcel handler may ask for money, give it to him]

Best deer recipe I know of.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
How about stuffed bell peppers?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
meatloaf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top