Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 2:34:24 PM EDT
INDIANAPOLIS –– The NFL Players Association is opposing Indiana Republicans' efforts to pass a divisive labor bill before the nation turns its attention to the state for the Super Bowl.

The players association said Friday that Indiana Republicans are trying to "ram through" the legislation before Indianapolis hosts the Super Bowl on Feb. 5.

Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma has set a quick timetable for passing the measure but has been stymied by House Democrats who entered their third consecutive day of blocking the measure Friday.

Bosma and other Republicans say they gave ample airing of the issue during 20 hours of legislative hearings over the summer. They contend the measure is needed to attract more businesses to the state. Opponents say it will drive down wages and reduce union membership.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/06/2576627/nfl-players-oppose-indiana-right.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I can understand that the Colts would be opposed to anything that has the word "work" attached to it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
a union opposing a right to work bill... im shocked i tell you, shocked.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can understand that the Colts would be opposed to anything that has the word "work" attached to it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
"Opponents say it will drive down wages and reduce union membership. "

Well that's why it will attract business
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting hassled at work for not filling out a petition against this. I am in a union. What I don't get is why would you sit on your rear and no do anything at a union shop and not feel wrong about it when if you did the same thing in the non0union shop you would get fired for it? That is one reason why I am undecided on this subject.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
whats wrong with working in a right to work for less state?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Opponents say it will drive down wages and reduce union membership. "

Well that's why it will attract business

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Just about every single one of my co-workers complains about not making enough money. I moved to get the job I have. If I were to go back to where I grew up I would be lucky to get a job the same as what I do that makes half of what I make. I make very good money, I'm just tired of the entitlement bs that I get from all my co-workers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

a union opposing a right to work bill... im shocked i tell you, shocked.

Yeah.

Imagine that.     <––––––––- Obligatory shocked face.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
 NFL  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
whats wrong with working in a right to work for less still have a job because my not artifically high non-union wages didn't put my employer out of buisness state?

FIFY.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]
This is america.  We should all be forced to join a union to work at a business.... sarcasm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top