Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:36:57 PM EDT
I just finished Season 2 the other night...

Click To View Spoiler

damn shame that they could not stick closer to the graphic novel...I got all 92 issues on digits from a guy in the shop, and the GN is a hell of a lot different from the show!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
its only the first half of season 2
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Love the show, but the girl was a bad move. Haven't read the novels though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no problem with the divergence, that way I don't know exactly what is going to happen.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I too have every issue of the comic.

I thought Season 1 was so bad that I didn't even bother with Season 2.

From what I've heard, it seems like I made the right choice.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope the show does a panel by panel copy of the comic Issue 33.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

damn shame that they could not stick closer to the graphic novel...I got all 92 issues on digits from a guy in the shop, and the GN is a hell of a lot different from the show!

Seeing as how there are only 15 issues, and number 15 just came out, how do you have 92?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nothing worth watching in Season 2 other than the last episode.

I hope Lori gets taken out soon...
actually, I hope the zombies get all of them, except Daryll.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Seeing as how there are only 15 issues, and number 15 just came out, how do you have 92?

92 Issues, 15 Volumes

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You guys are the most ruthless whiners on Earth!

Seriously. It's remarkable! Any movie, any TV show, anything that comes out, there will always be a choir of whiners telling us how horrible it is and what a botched abortion it is. It's like The Hobbit, it hasn't even come out yet and it's already been determined that it will be an abortion of a movie.

I bought Season 1 on DVD and watched the whole fucking thing in one night. I thought it was great. So there!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. It's remarkable! Any movie, any TV show, anything that comes out, there will always be a choir of whiners telling us how horrible it is and what a botched abortion it is. It's like The Hobbit, it hasn't even come out yet and it's already been determined that it will be an abortion of a movie.
I bought Season 1 on DVD and watched the whole fucking thing in one night. I thought it was great. So there!

If you enjoyed it, good for you. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

I didn't. I thought it was poorly written and had a very "TV" feel to it.

When Season 2 ends up on Netflix, I may check it out on a rainy Sunday afternoon, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

it was good was't it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I like it too.  But, they are making some foolish mistakes like weaponry and vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never read the comics, so nothing is spoiled for me. Never heard of them before the show came out. I've been a fan of the flesh eating zombie genre since 1968. The Walking Dead is a huge step for television. The show could be better, but then it would be double fucking awesome (by T.V. standards).
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Just flew through every season on Breaking Bad on Netflix. I didn't truly understand how much TWD underachieves until I saw an incredible show like that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When Season 2 ends up on Netflix, I may check it out on a rainy Sunday afternoon, but that's about it.

Well, it is "TV." And it's better than we usually get.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I am thankful for that. But this shortened season is pissing me off. Why is it so hard to do episodes to last the whole year anymore.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Just flew through every season on Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Now check out "The Wire".

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
They made the zombie genre accessible for the most people. I even got my 62 year old mom hooked on the show. What is the business sense of having a show that only hardcore fans will watch? I think it is a great show that balances the needs of "fans" of the comics and the average viewer in a way that just plain works.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing worth watching in Season 2 other than the last episode.

I hope Lori gets taken out soon...
actually, I hope the zombies get all of them, except Daryll.

This.

Well, save the hot farmer chick, too.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I like it so far...I try not to be to analytical and just sit back and enjoy. There are things that are kinda fun to sit back and debate like weapons or some of the choices they make but its never got to the point where I dont want to tune it in every week. I do wish there was more violence and zombie slaying gore but as was mentioned it is network TV. The reason they split the season is probably to keep people hanging and wanting more..it has worked in my case
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:51:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Need to change the name of the series to "The Living Dumb-asses"...

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:59:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I am thankful for that. But this shortened season is pissing me off. Why is it so hard to do episodes to last the whole year anymore.

It's only half over... more to come in February. Most cinematic shows can't afford to do a show every week for the whole year.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

They made the zombie genre accessible for the most people. I even got my 62 year old mom hooked on the show. What is the business sense of having a show that only hardcore fans will watch? I think it is a great show that balances the needs of "fans" of the comics and the average viewer in a way that just plain works.

Excellent point.  My wife hates horror or pretty much anything to do
with zombies.  She reluctantly watched it with me one night and hasn't
missed an episode since.  Its not a show about zombies, but rather a
show about people who happen to live in around zombies.  Dealing with
the walkers becomes one of the easier parts of their lives.
The characters make lots of tactical mistakes.  They are ordinary
everyday folk. Most are only alive now because of dumb luck and as we
have already seen; luck eventually runs out.
Comics and television are two very different medium.  There is quite a
bit more you can get away with in comics than you can on a network TV
show.  I do not expect to see a lone katana wielding zombie huntress
leading a pair of jawless walkers on a leash stroll into frame on the TV
show this season or any season, and I am fine with that.  I don't mind
divergence when necessary.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top