Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:53:40 PM EDT
Would you pay 850 to add in dash navigation to your car?

I can buy a factory indash head unit for 850 that is plug and play.

Trying to decide if it's worth it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i payed less than that for a D3 that has nav, dvd, ipod, bluetooth audio and voice,.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

The wife and I had this conversation when I bought the new Odyssey.

Updates are a bitch, and if it ever breaks, you are paying another $850 for a replacement.

Then you have the meltdown inducing legalese 50 button shuffle to use in-dash systems before you can use them.

Got a kickass Magellan on Black friday with lifetime updates for $85.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you update the maps and is traffic included?

What kind of car?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
hhhmmmmmm......

FUCK NO.

ARE YOU TARDED OR SOMETHING?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck no.  Have you lost your mind?

That is 3000 rounds of xm193!!

Maps are what, 5 bucks?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
When we bought  a new car last year, a nav system was an available option for $1500.  We did not get it because my phone does everything a car nav system can do.  Not worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
No. I'll use a mount for an iphone or iPAD.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
For about three fiddy I'll sawzall a hole in your dash roughly the size of whatever conventional mounted unit you choose.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Top of the line Garmin is half that cost, can be moved from car to car, and comes with unlimited updates on the software to the maps are up to date.

Factory nav in ANY vehilce is a fucking rip off.  The manufacturer will charge your $200 for an update to the maps.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Last year when I bought my 4Runner, it came with the Nav Dash option....$2400.  

I could have put that money in a pile and set it on fire and it would have at least kept me warm.  That thing was fucking useless.  The Navigation on my Droid is worlds ahead of any in car navigation I have ever used.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Last year when I bought my 4Runner, it came with the Nav Dash option....$2400.

I could have put that money in a pile and set it on fire and it would have at least kept me warm. That thing was fucking useless. The Navigation on my Droid is worlds ahead of any in car navigation I have ever used.

Pretty sums up the piece of shit I have in the dash of my 2012 Focus.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Top of the line Garmin is half that cost, can be moved from car to car, and comes with unlimited updates on the software to the maps are up to date.

Factory nav in ANY vehilce is a fucking rip off.  The manufacturer will charge your $200 for an update to the maps.

+1

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:06:31 AM EDT
[#13]
No, buy a Garmin or a Tom Tom

if it has to be in dash, use one of the aftermarket units and save some money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top