Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:48:22 AM EDT
What makes Mittens think he'll do any better outside of N.H.?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
8 votes AND only 25% that is NO mandate, none at all!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

b/c the media will play up his victory in N.H.

he'll be "unstoppable" and "unbeatable" right up to the point he runs against Obama.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Take away Bachmann and Perry's votes, give just 2/3rds of them to Santorum and Romney would have lost by 10%.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
He won, in an evangelical state, and y'all are crazy if you think some of the other candidates' votes wouldn't have went to him in their absence.

Right now we either push Santorum or end up with Romney and my position on him hasn't changed. I think lots here realize that he's going to be the man, though, because I'm already seeing hints that they're OK with him. It's already happening.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Whole new thread worthy... really?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shrinking field will make him look better down the road.  With endorsement from McCain (shudder) he will get a few more votes, with Bachmann out of the way her voters will be split with some coming to him.

Not locked in, but he is still the top dog, just like the piece of paper on the top of the stack is still on top.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Compare money spent by the candidates....  Romney has been campaigning in IOWA for years.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shrinking field will make him look better down the road.  With endorsement from McCain (shudder) he will get a few more votes, with Bachmann out of the way her voters will be split with some coming to him.

Not locked in, but he is still the top dog, just like the piece of paper on the top of the stack is still on top.

I see her votes breaking at least 75% for Santorum.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know how much $$$ Romney spent in Iowa?   How about Santorum?

It would be interesting to see how much each vote 'cost'
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I've said before,it's only an indication of just how bad this field sucks. A good portion of his 25% and Santorum's 25% are from the lesser of evil " at least so the other worse choice" doesn't win and that combines the rest of the field.

We have NO good candidates. None.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Like it or not it is looking like it is going to be Romney.

There is no one in this field running that I really like. But no matter who it is I'll vote for them over Obama.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see her votes breaking at least 75% for Santorum.

Probably, the real king makers will be Newt and Perry, if they can not turn it around and win early. They will be able to endorse someone right then and there. While 5-15% of the vote doesn't sound like much it will be all that is needed for Mittens or Santorum to pull away. I think we'll see Newt leverage this position.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Check the delegate count: http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/ia

That's what matters.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Newt HATES Romney. Hopefully he endorses Santorum and rips Romney to shreds. I would LOVE to see Perry, Bachmann and Newt all attack Romney and throw their support behind Santorum.

Just to drive an oak stake through Romney's RINO heart.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He won, in an evangelical state, and y'all are crazy if you think some of the other candidates' votes wouldn't have went to him in their absence.

Right now we either push Santorum or end up with Romney and my position on him hasn't changed. I think lots here realize that he's going to be the man, though, because I'm already seeing hints that they're OK with him. It's already happening.

I can only speak for myself but I will never vote for Rino Romney, period.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you would rather have Obama than Romney?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I read a Yahoo article first thing today, before I checked in here.  Not one single mention of Ron Paul, despite his getting 22% of the vote.

He beat the shit outta Toad-boy, but Toad-boy got a few mentions.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Take away Bachmann and Perry's votes, give just 2/3rds of them to Santorum and Romney would have lost by 10%.

take away everyone votes and mickey mouse wins by write  in

why is it when te general election roles around paulbots can't see how a vote for a third part is a vote for obama but in the primarys it seems to work that way????
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Considering in 2008 he got

30,021 votes

This time around...

30,015 votes.

He did worse then 4 years ago!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I read a Yahoo article first thing today, before I checked in here.  Not one single mention of Ron Paul, despite his getting 22% of the vote.

Shhhhhm you'll wake the trolls.  

The haters are too busy celebrating Romney's stunning victory with all of 25% of the votes, or Santorum with the same thing.

For all practical purposes it was a three-way tie.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the difference?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The fix is in, it's not stroke of luck that Mittens won by 8 votes, having said that, he should fare better in NH, but SC will be close, unless that worthless governor skank who endorsed him, works her magic!

FUCK MITTENS
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your media overlords have declared that Mittens will be your candidate. They're not going to confuse you by implying that there are any other candidates worth noticing. Repeat after me, No Other Electable Candidates Exist.

Now, please turn on your television and prepare for the Daily Hate directed against Rick Santorum. He has sinned against our beloved Mittens, and right now every two-bit worthless hack in the nation with a press pass is furiously digging for dirt that will end him, and end his political aspirations. You will be adequately informed by your media overlords about why you should hate and despise Santorum.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I noticed that too. Either trying to convince themselves or chastise those of us who won't play along. I say push Santorum. The fat lady ain't sung yet. Oh, and forget about "electability"......think about needing your base to win and not taking them for granted and regretting it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone know how much $$$ Romney spent in Iowa?   How about Santorum?

It would be interesting to see how much each vote 'cost'

I heard the stats last night.

Santorum spent less than a dollar a vote.......Romney spent a lot more.

Poor Perry spent $100 + per vote.

Yikes
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Usually a comment from a loser. He only beat me by 5 seconds, I am just as good etc.....

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

if he wins socially conservative states and has a landslide in NH, how much better does he need to do?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if he wins socially conservative states and has a landslide in NH, how much better does he need to do?

Well, the real difference could be that a new person will be getting attention now.....Santorum.

Romney's support has been flat-lining for months. Everyone else's numbers rise and fall, but not his. In other words, 75% do not want Romney. As other more conservative candidates drop out, Romney will not get many of those votes.

Santorum is now the flavor of the moment....and it couldn't have come at a better time. Conservative voters just might rally around him as the others fall away.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Bachmann, Perry, Santorum, Newt, and Paul need to get together and pair down the field two just Mitt and one of them so Mitt has no chance of winning. Jesus! Long term party goals vs. short term personal gain!

Mitt should be barred from the Republican Party.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the difference?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

b/c the media will play up his victory in N.H.

he'll be "unstoppable" and "unbeatable" right up to the point he runs against Obama.

Third post nails it.  

He'll be the darling child, but as soon (if) he nails the nomination, the media will MX missile his ass.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the difference?

Like I said in one of the other threads about this election, right now we are looking at a band aid in regards to choices. Do we want it pulled off nice and slow or quickly? Either way it's coming off it really just depends on how much pain you want to go through to get there.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the real difference could be that a new person will be getting attention now.....Santorum.

Romney's support has been flat-lining for months. Everyone else's numbers rise and fall, but not his. In other words, 75% do not want Romney. As other more conservative candidates drop out, Romney will not get many of those votes.

Santorum is now the flavor of the moment....and it couldn't have come at a better time. Conservative voters just might rally around him as the others fall away.

The best Mr. Froth can hope for is the evangelical bloc and maybe a few "(R) Candidate Or Nothing" voters.  EVERYONE ELSE HATES HIM, including large swaths of the conservative voting field, not to mention libertarians and independent moderates.

I will fucking write in Barry Goldwater's Dessicated Corpse in the general election before I pull the lever for an authoritarian theological dominionist, no matter what party he claims to represent.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe.  but the question was why does Mitt think he'll do any better outside of NH.  and the answer is he's already winning, he doesn't have to do any better.  25% or not, someone else has to catch up to him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Momentum as the others fall by the wayside.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Santorum will be lucky to make it to super tuesday. He didn't even bother to attempt to turn in petition in Va. to get on the ballot. How many other states is he behind the 8 ball in right now?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

take away everyone votes and mickey mouse wins by write  in

why is it when te general election roles around paulbots can't see how a vote for a third part is a vote for obama but in the primarys it seems to work that way????

Wat?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This... it's very likely Bachman and Perry votes would lean towards Santorum much before Romney.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top