Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 8:05:06 AM EDT
Just a few short hours until my brother and I leave early on Friday morning!

My packing list includes:
AR10 - 600rds and 100rds tracer
AR15 - 1200rds and 100rds tracer
SIG220 - 100rds
Yamaha YZ426 - small tool chest, gas, oil, plugs and riding gear.
5 person tent
2 sleeping pads
2 sleeping bags
2 large blue tarps, 1 for ground sheet and 1 for shade or extra cover.
1 dining canopy cover for shade
1 Coleman stove,fuel and coffee pot and fixins
1 large cooler full of beer
1 blender w/ Margarita fixins
1 package HOT habanero salsa for ilikelegs
1 light array

I know that I am missing stuff, help out if you can think of more stuff.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]
A few short hours until Friday??  It's freekin' Tuesday here?  Anyhow, sounds like a good time.  Wish I had time for that, too many projects right now.  Have a good time!-edit- I see you have three days as the countdown at the bottom, guess your idea of a few hours and mine are a little different!  Have a good time!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A few short hours until Friday??  It's freekin' Tuesday here?
View Quote

Y'all need to get to the southwest and experience the land of manana,(tomorrow) to get a little perspective. When something this cool is coming up, little things like work and 72 or so hours really lose significance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Me ready too. I should be there late Fri nite or will be meeting you guys for breakfast.

Bringing:

1man tent
1man sleeping bag
1pillow
1light blanket
1mag light
1FRS Radio
med cooler of beer, water and diet pepsi
some breakfast muffins
beef jerky
back pack of extra clothing
shovel
tp
TacVest
AR15
Mossberg 590A1
Glock 19
ammo for said firearms
shooting gear
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Dragons breath ,propane, tracers,Margaritas and beer plus TEXAS HEAT and DRY GRASS=== FIRE!?!?! Hope we don't see pic's of the HUN's farm on the front page of the rag like those of Arizona! [:D] I wish I could go but I'm going to go get burned to a crisp at Matagorda beach near Bay City in Texas! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm up for it big time![:D]

It'll be for me what the BRC was, a place to finally put faces to the names of old friends!

And there's nothing like getting together with old friends!

Eric The(NothingAtAll)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#11]
As this is my first opportunity to meet fellow members, I will be bringing some "Hi, My Name is_______________" stickers for us to wear. Will we have to know names or 'call-signs'?

What if wiggy223 and I make a wrong turn and begin to have a Hunnin', Funnin', Sunnin', Gunnin', and ATV-Ridin' good time on someone else's farm? Do you think we could talk our way out of it or would we need to declare war on a sizable part of the Texas panhandle? I know that the rule of thumb for taking a defended position is a favorable ratio of 10:1 attackers vs. defenders. How does this formula change if it is 2 New Mexicans vs. several Texans? I think we would need to call a timeout until y'all go find some more Texans![;)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Shit load of food!!!

View Quote

Toileteries?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#14]
but remember:
"leaves of three, let them be"

[img]http://res2.agr.ca/ecorc/poisivy/images/ivy02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit load of food!!!

View Quote

Toileteries?
View Quote

Naw!
Just use the leaves.
View Quote

Leaves of the Toilet Trees?  ROFLMAO

You obviously have never tried to clean your nether regions with mesquite tree leaves.

[img]http://www.desertusa.com/jan97/du_screw.jpg[/img]

TRG
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
^^^^^

Damn, someone beat me to it! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Just be glad I'm not gonna try and identify with the arab and use my left hand.
View Quote

Just don't get caught sniffing your fingers afterwards.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
 BTW, Just pick up FAL.  Damn,  this damn FAL looks as perfect as it can get.  I will bring it
to test-fire and zero also.
View Quote

Glad to hear it!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish I could make it guys, but I'm so broke that it isn't even funny.  I'm in serious need of a job.  

You guys have lots of fun and take lots of pictures for those of us who can't make it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Mentally I'm ready, physically I'll be getting everything together tonight. I'm bringing the 20" Bushmaster, DSA FNFAL, and Beretta 92FS. Assorted ammo but mainly for the AR. Since I have to work alnight Friday (until 7am Sat. morning)I will need to take a nap as soon as I get there so please be considerate if you see snoozing under a tree.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, I'm sure it will be quiet as a cemetary there...sleep tight![BD]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Rolling for Austin in ten minutes.  Got a days work ahead.  Be back to the home six this evening.  Stuff's all ready to throw in the truck.  Be ready this time tomorrow morning!

JohnK at K2 Sports got the new Bushy Superlight 16 upper post-ban'ed yesterday and it's sitting on the CavArms lower.  Cleaned it last night and it's ready to be sighted and broken-in at the party.

I'll work on what else to bring while I'm driving.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:07:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What if wiggy223 and I make a wrong turn and begin to have a Hunnin', Funnin', Sunnin', Gunnin', and ATV-Ridin' good time on someone else's farm? Do you think we could talk our way out of it or would we need to declare war on a sizable part of the Texas panhandle? I know that the rule of thumb for taking a defended position is a favorable ratio of 10:1 attackers vs. defenders. How does this formula change if it is 2 New Mexicans vs. several Texans? I think we would need to call a timeout until y'all go find some more Texans![;)]
View Quote

I think the barbed wire that surrounds all of Texas will prevent the getting lost, and for reenforcements, haven't you ever heard  the "One riot, one Ranger" ??? fullclip
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:54:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the barbed wire that surrounds all of Texas will prevent the getting lost, and for reenforcements, haven't you ever heard  the "One riot, one Ranger" ??? fullclip
View Quote

That is why I am asking. We will have to adjust the scenario as there are two wiggy's instead of just the one in your example. Is there some sort of conversion factor to use?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As this is my first opportunity to meet fellow members, I will be bringing some "Hi, My Name is_______________" stickers for us to wear.
View Quote

A very good idea.

I picked up a bag of sulphur yesterday at the feed store - a trip to the grocery store and I'm done - I'm packed - ready to go - can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#31]
C'mon [b]wiggy[/b], you guys know that Texans and New Mexicans don't shoot at each other!

We are kinfolks![:D]

All you have to do is wave your NM flag and say 'God Bless Robert E. Lee!' and that alone will get you safely anywhere in our State!

Eric The(Peaceful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#32]
[b]Tate![/b] Are you meeting us at 9:00 AM at the WalMart parking lot at Coit and Spring Creek in Plano?

I don't want to leave anyone behind!

Let me know!

Eric The(Concerned)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
C'mon [b]wiggy[/b], you guys know that Texans and New Mexicans don't shoot at each other!

We are kinfolks![:D]

All you have to do is wave your NM flag and say 'God Bless Robert E. Lee!' and that alone will get you safely anywhere in our State!

Eric The(Peaceful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

You are right ETH. I guess I kinda lost it there for a while. I'm just really excited... but not in THAT way.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top