Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2002 5:45:47 AM EDT
Could someone tell me the legal definition of 'aggravated sexual battery'?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
the term aggravated, I believe, means more like 'attempted' or 'threatened'

Sexual Battery is almost self-explanatory
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
OK so what did you do and to whom ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Could someone tell me the legal definition of 'aggravated sexual battery'?  
View Quote

[url=http://www.tndagc.com/juryinst/10_03.htm]Tennessee definition[/url]

[url=http://www.wm.edu/WMPD/aggravated_battery.htm]Virginia definition[/url]

Those are just the first ones that I found on google. There are probably as many definitions as there are states, but they seem to be pretty similar.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#4]
the term aggravated, I believe, means more like 'attempted' or 'threatened'
View Quote

Actually, to "aggravate" something is to make it worse.

AGGRAVATION - Crimes, Torts. That which increases the enormity of a crime or the injury of a wrong. The opposite of extenuation.

When a crime or trespass has been committed under aggravating circumstances, it is punished with more severity; and, the damages given to vindicate the wrong are greater.
View Quote

[url]http://www.lectlaw.com/def/a170.htm[/url]

And, from the same source, a definition of "battery":
A battery is the unlawful touching the person of another by the aggressor himself, or any other substance put in motion by him. It must be either wilfully committed, or proceed from want of due care.
View Quote

But I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. [whacko]

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
In the state of TX one can use deadly force to prevent an aggravated (sp?) kidnapping. The way it was explained to me is that if the kidnapee is fighting and screaming that it is aggravated.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  I didn't do anything!  I just found out that someone who is around my children has been convicted of this charge (with a minor).  I wasn't certain what it meant.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but I believe that the legal term "agrivated" means to use a weapon in the commision of a crime.

robbery= hey buddy gime your wallet

agrivated robbery= gimme your wallet or I'll cut/shoot you

and so forth
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I didn't do anything!  I just found out that someone who is around my children has been convicted of this charge (with a minor).  I wasn't certain what it meant.
View Quote

Whatever, just tell that person to stay the hell out of your children.....don't wait until it happens to find out the meaning of "aggravated".
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Sexual battery (depending on the state) is rape as we know it. In Texas it's called sexual assault. An Aggravated offense is 1. when a deadly Weapon is used, 2. when the victim is under 14, 3. when serious bodily injury is inflicted, or threatened. There are some other special circumstances, and Agg. Sexual assualt is a 1st degree felony in Texas. Bad Stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top