Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2002 4:28:17 AM EDT
[url]http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml;jsessionid=PZW0JGXDFEFDOCRBAE0CFEYKEEATGIWD?type=topnews&StoryID=1122419[/url]

The original patrol plan was conceived after CBS News carried an interview with accused bomber Abdul
                              Rahman Yasin, conducted in Iraq, in which Yasin said the group that planted a bomb in a World Trade
                              Center basement in 1993 had initially planned to attack Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn.

Lloyd said the patrol plan was revived after the FBI said gasoline tanker trucks could be used in attacks in
                              the United States or against U.S. interests overseas, with Jewish schools and synagogues as possible
                              targets.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
In an article I read today in an Italian newspaper, NYPD said that if Jews will be caught patrolling as vigilantes the sinagogue and the Jewish quarter (I guess Crown Heights), they will be arrested.
The Rabbi (I don't remeber the name...) told that they will do it anyway because:

1)it's their right to defend themselves
2)all their weapon are legally purchased and carried.

Maybe someone is bothered that Jews have also the right to defend and not only to be slaughtered...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In an article I read today in an Italian newspaper, NYPD said that if Jews will be caught patrolling as vigilantes the sinagogue and the Jewish quarter (I guess Crown Heights), they will be arrested.
The Rabbi (I don't remeber the name...) told that they will do it anyway because:

1)it's their right to defend themselves
2)all their weapon are legally purchased and carried.

Maybe someone is bothered that Jews have also the right to defend and not only to be slaughtered...
View Quote

Today we seem to have a Jews/Americans vs. the world thing and NYPD needs to pick the right side.

It is NOT up to NYPD if jews or anybody wants to carry legally.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WAVERUNNER,

Your a member of the NYPD, correct me if I am wrong. If you see a Jewish man with a gun and he is carrying legally, are you going to stop him ?
View Quote

Heard some cop on the news thats what they're going to do because they won't allow vigilantes on the streets...so sad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top