Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 10:06:26 AM EDT
I'm replacing the factory Mikuni carb on my '88 Mitsubishi 2.6L pickup with an aftermarket Weber dual 38 MM. The factory fuel pump has two fuel outlets — the main one that goes to the floats in the carb bowl, and another one that apparently passes through some sort of pressure regulator (?) in the carb before being returned to the fuel tank.

The new Weber doesn't have any provisions for this second fuel pump outlet — just the main fitting that fills the float bowls. I'm not sure that I can just cap off the  unused pump outlet, since it seems like that would eliminate any ability to regulate fuel pressure, possibly damaging the pump or flooding the new carb.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how the factory fuel pump should be connected to this new carb?

Many thanks in advance! — Skibane
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What is this — "Mechanical Idiots Only" night or something?

Come on folks, this is carburetion, not rocket science!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't think insulting people is the best way to get answers to your post.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top