Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 4:50:40 PM EDT
I placed an order for 9 tons of landscaping rock yesterday to be delievered today. I asked them to dump it in my yard about three-quarters of the way back. I come to find that they dumped it in front of my gate, completely obstructing my ability to move vehicles or anything in or out as well as close the gate. Their excuse was that they won't drive over sidewalks due to the weight and that this was my problem. Funny, cement trucks have no problem driving over sidewalks. So, I told them I'm cancelling my check and we'll discuss it tomorrow.

I need to know what a cement truck weighs with approximately 6 cubic yards of mud on it, so I can tell this clown to either move the rock to the desired location(my projects may take weeks so I need to have this gate access available)or haul it off. Gunsnob needs AMMO for verbal assault.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
[sh#thouselaywer]
Did the order state the delivery location you mentioned? (In writting ON the order)

IF so, did the salesman make any objections?

did they ask about "sidewalks"?

[/sh#thouselaywer]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My best guess depending on truck class would put the weight around 26,000 to 30,000 lbs. tandem axle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[sh#thouselaywer]
Did the order state the delivery location you mentioned? (In writting ON the order)

IF so, did the salesman make any objections?

did they ask about "sidewalks"?

[/sh#thouselaywer]
View Quote
The order was taken verbally, but I was specific as to where I wanted the rock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top