Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/20/2011 11:53:14 PM EDT
I've had a run of bad luck the last few months with thieves, and now I'm at the breaking point.  

First, a little back story:

I used to leave my Glock 38 in my truck console. It was my second handgun, an "extra" if you will, so I just left it in the truck all the time (my normal carry gun is a G27). So one morning earlier this year, I came out to my truck to start the day, and when I opened the door, my dash was semi-disassembled. I have a Garmin GPS unit stuck on the window, and I have it hardwired in. The power cord is run down the A pillar and under the dash. Someone broke into my truck to steal it (my fault for leaving it in plain sight), and couldn't get the power wire unhooked. So they left the dash and GPS unit just laying there, and moved on to my center console, where they found my gun. Of course, I called the cops, and they came out to dust for prints, but nothing ever came of it. I didn't file an insurance claim, since the gun was the only thing that was stolen. That was the first incident.

Incident #2: I own a small company installing hardwood and laminate flooring. Everyday, I pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer that houses all of my tools (about $8k worth). I park my truck/trailer in the driveway everynight, about 15 feet from my bedroom window. Two months ago, during the middle of the night, someone cut the locks off of my trailer doors, and completely cleaned it out. EVERYTHING was stolen. Luckily, I had insurance, and I was able to replace all of my stuff. The feeling I had the next day, when I found the cut locks, and realized that my entire means of supporting my family was stolen... man, it's horrible. It's not like they broke into my truck and stole my stereo or my gun. This is how I support myself, and someone just stole all of my shit like it was nothing... RAGE!!! WTF?! It's not like I live in a bad part of town or anything!

So now you see what I've been through the last few months. Tuesday night I got home from work around 6pm. I parked the truck as usual, and came in through the garage. I walk down the hallway, towards the living room, and my 61" tv is pulled out into the middle of the room. WTF? I'm thinking to myself, "what was my wife doing digging behind the tv?" Then I look a little closer, and my wooden TV stand is busted all to shit. I have a PS3 in there, and it was so tight of a fit, I had to remove the doors and shelves, put the PS3 in, and then screw everything back together. The only way to get it out is to disassemble the entertainment system.

I actually said outloud, "OH FUCK NO, NOT AGAIN!!!!" I turned around and went back to my office/game room, and the entire room is turned upside down. All of my electronic shit is GONE. I checked the bedroom next, and it's a disaster, too. All of the drawers and their contents are all over the floor. My wife's jewelry cabinet is empty. My night stand is cleaned out. My Glock 27 is missing. Oh shit, where's my AR 15? It normally sits between the night stand and the bed. It's gone, too. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

I didn't touch anything, and went back outside. I was so god damn furiously pissed off, I couldn't dial 911 on my phone. It literally took 3 tries to call the police. I don't even remember what I told the dispatcher, but I know I gave them my name/ address/ phone #. About 2 minutes later, a detective called me, and asked for my address and directions. So I'm standing out side, steam is rolling off my head, and then I remember my animals. Shit, how did I forget about them? I went back to the door, and called them. My chihuahua and my big dumb boy cat came to the door, but the skittish girl cat was nowhere to be found. Now I'm really flipping out. Did these fuckers let her out? Is she hurt? Dead? I wanted to look around the house for her, but I also didn't want to go in and disturb any evidence.

I called my wife at work next, and told her what happened. Probably shouldn't have done that. She lost it. She hauled ass home, and got there before the cops showed up. She was all kinds of hysterical, looking for Bonnie (the girl cat). Turns out she was hiding under the bed, and ok.

While I'm waiting on the cops to show up, I called my neighbor to tell him that I got fucking robbed, AGAIN. He told me that around lunchtime, there was a gold SUV in my driveway. He and his wife were arguing whether or not it was my mother in law's car (she drives a silver Durango). The wife thought it was the MIL's car, and the husband kept saying it wasn't. They never saw any people, just the car. It was there when they left to go to the store, and still there when they got back a little while later. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY CALL ME?!

The detective shows up about 30 minutes after I called 911. He's asking me to describe what all I'm missing. I told him that I haven't done a thorough inventory, since I didn't want to touch anything in the house. I want them to dust for prints, and bust the mother fuckers who broke into my home. So I'm describing the things that I can see are obviously missing:

AR 15
Glock 27
42" LG LCD
32" Sony LCD
Red Samsung laptop
Blue Acer laptop
2 Xbox's
Shit load of jewelry
Pretty much all of my DVD's/PS2/Xbox games/etc
Thank God that my motorcycles are still in the garage...

He walks around the house with me, and asks me how I think they got in. The garage was closed when I came home, but the front door was partly open. The backdoor was closed/locked. I went around checking all of the windows, and they were all closed/locked...until we came to the dining room. One of the windows was open. He's like, "looks like that was their entry point". Fuck. The pried on the locks, and now they're broken. I can't believe the glass isn't busted.

So the detective is standing in my kitchen, kinda smirking at me, and he asks me, "I guess you're wondering why a detective showed up instead of a uniformed police officer?" I said, no, I don't know the procedure, I just called the cops, and you showed up. He says, "well, we recovered most of your stuff this afternoon." I'm like WHAT?! He said that the 2 guys who broke into my house are in jail. They were caught this afternoon. FUCK YEAH!

I asked how it happened, and he broke it down for me. The cops have been looking for these 2 guys for a couple of weeks for other break-ins around the area.  One of them as a criminal record, and they pulled his prints from another burglary. They had a call out to all of the pawn shops, that if these guys show up, to call the police. This morning, the 2 fuckheads kicked in a lady's door a couple of streets over from me, and robbed her house. Then they came to my house, and had a field day. This was around noon. At 2pm, the police got a call from a pawn shop, that those two had come in to sell some shit. The pawn shop told the guys that their printer was down, but to come back in 30 minutes and they would buy all of the stuff. The crackheads left before the cops got there, and the cops waited around for about 40 minutes, but they didn't come back. So the cops left and went back to their office. Just as they're getting back, they get another call from the pawnshop. The dipshits were back! The cops hauled ass back over the to shop, and 10 cop cars pulled in and surrounded the place (so says the detective who's recounting the story).

They were driving a gold GMC Envoy, and in the back of it was all kinds of shit. My 42" LG, both laptops, my Glock 27 (with one round missing), one of my Xbox's, and a bunch of my wife's jewelry (unfortunately, not the expensive stuff). They also had one of my laundry baskets full of DVD's and games, but not even close to all of the ones that were missing. The detective had another officer come over to my house and bring all the stuff back that they had recovered.

I asked about the rest of the stuff, mainly my AR 15, but they said it's probably long gone. Along with all of the other stolen shit they had on them, they also had 4 grams of heroin. The detective thinks they traded my AR to some drug dealer for it.

The 2 assholes names are Corey Tucker and Eddie Davis. You can look them up here: http://app.greenvillecounty.org/inmate_search.htm Click the "show all" button and it will list their charges.

The detective told me that when they first arrested the 2 guys, Eddie asked for a lawyer right off the bat, and said that he was just riding around with Corey. Eddie said that when Corey picked him up, the truck was already full of all the stolen shit. Turns out that Eddie already has a long criminal record, and Corey is a first offender. I asked for a forensics person to come and dust my house for prints, to prove that Eddie was in fact at my house. I wanna nail these fuckers to the wall.

Wednesday my wife and I met with the detective to get a copy of his police report, and to give him a list of all the stuff we discovered missing. They also had my wife's expensive jewelry, which we were able to identify, and we got it all back. Well, the expensive family heirloom stuff. All of her other, cheaper jewelry is still missing. Maybe $300 worth? They also got my wife's HP Touchpad (I still have mine - I take it to work with me everyday). I'm missing a couple of watches, a shit load of games, an Xbox, my 32" Sony LCD tv, and of course my AR. This sucks.

He told us that the 2 are being charged with Burglary 1st, which carries a sentence of 25-life. Up till this point they were only being charged with burglary 2nd, but once they got a hold of my guns, it jumped up a notch. Due to their charges, they won't be allowed bond. They'll have to go before the judge in 2-4 weeks for their initial hearing. You bet your ass I'll be there.

My house is a disaster. It felt so weird sleeping in my bed, knowing these strung out drug addicts were going through all of our stuff. A friend was telling me that I should throw out all of my food, like maybe they were drinking out of my milk jug and what not. Who knows? This is one of the worst feelings I've ever had. I wanna do bad, bad things to these fucksticks.

We've spent the last couple of days trying to get the house back in order.  They really trashed it.  Last night, my wife wanted to watch tv in the living room. It looks like the fuckers were trying to get my 61" too, because all of the shit was unplugged from it. I had to hook everything back up.  Once it was all set up again, we found a black spot in the top right corner of the screen.  Somehow they broke it.  Mother fuckers...

Thanks for the read...
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I was even upset reading your story.

But glad you got some of your stuff back, also they got caught!

I hope this never happens to your family again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, you've been robbed twice, and you didn't install a camera system or some kind of security system?

Not saying its your fault or that would have stopped them, but you would know who did it.

Yes I am an idiot as I didn't read the good part
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks, get a safe....bolt it down...
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope they enjoy their free sex.

Sorry about your stuff OP.

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
This may not be a popular opinion, but I think the correct punishment would be death. Fuck those pieces of shit. It's hard to understand that level of rage unless somebody has stolen something from you. I sincerely hope they die in prison.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I see an alarm system and a good strong safe as future purchases for you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow...just wow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
That sucks. Glad they found them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
ya know there is a movie with charles bronson where he builds some neat stuff to deal with home invaders.... you may want to invest in some.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, sorry to hear about your streak of bad luck! I always look on the bright side of even the worst situations, be glad you had insurance on your tools, they caught the D-bags, and that your wife wasn't home when they broke in. Thankfully a Glock, AR, Xbox, and 32" LCD are all easily replaced.

They say bad things come in 3's so here's to hoping your luck turns around!
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#12]
That IS a shitty run of luck.Look on the bright side,you got most of your stuff back,AND you live in the South.In Massachusetts,the cops woulda locked you up for leaving your guns out to be stolen.Sounds like you need a bigger scarier dog,too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#13]
And now they'll drain the taxpayers from 25 to life.

They sure they can't just bill the taxpayers $.25 a piece for a couple of .45 hardballs?
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I have to ask, no home alarm? I would really consider it. I got one, never doubted my decision since. Not a guarantee, but so much peace of mind for a something daily inexpensive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow man, I can't imagine what I would do if my home was robbed.  I've had a motorcycle stolen once and that sucked enough.  Time to upgrade your security.  I hope they find the rest of your stuff.  At least they have the douche bags in custody.  Maybe go talk to the neighbor and tell them to give you a call anytime they see any car different than yours or your wife.  I'd rather get a call and tell them it's ok then to let them play guessing games like they did here and leave fucking hood rats to ransack your home.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#16]
There are these thing called safes. They are big and heavy (Kinda like most ARFCOMMERS) and they are designed to put shit you don't want stolen into ie guns, jewelry, hooker hearts, 8-Balls of coke..

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This. Even if it isn't hooked up to any live service. Just the siren going off will scare them away.

At the VERY LEAST, get some of those "Protected by ____ Alarm Systems" stickers and put a few of them on your property as a deterrent.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn dude...

I'm glad the perps got caught.... but disappoint that they didn't bust in on you and end up with some extra holes in them.  Sucks about your gear that you didn't get back, and the busted big TV.  Hopefully insurance will cover all of your missing stuff, and repairs that are needed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:19:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry for your luck man. My gf's mom actually had her window smashed a few nights ago and while she was on the phone with Discover at 7am the assclown used the card at Jack in the Box. Cops show up and grab said dick burglar and he has a wrap sheet a mile long BUT the cashier at the window is here illegally and refuses to press charges and they cut him loose in the J&B parking lot with the food he bought. Fucking unreal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Do you first herp then derp?
(pic related, it's the perp)
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#21]
At least your home insurance should cover most of the loss/damage.   However, it sucks that your life got flipped up-side down by this.   Be thankful you or your wife weren't home when they tried it.

As for this...

Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Even if it isn't hooked up to any live service. Just the siren going off will scare them away.

At the VERY LEAST, get some of those "Protected by ____ Alarm Systems" stickers and put a few of them on your property as a deterrent.

If you're going to the trouble to do all that, go whole hog and register with a monitoring service.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This may not be a popular opinion, but I think the correct punishment would be death. Fuck those pieces of shit. It's hard to understand that level of rage unless somebody has stolen something from you. I sincerely hope they die in prison.

THIS, or you, and your wife can take comfort as to just the thought of these two becoming
a  prison bitches for a non-white protector. In other words "Fishes."

10/10 Thanks for sharing! Buy a safe!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:00:19 AM EDT
[#23]
sorry to hear that OP, but glad most of your shit was recovered.  I would say an alarm system is a must, a big ass German Sheppard, some sort of recorded video surveillance as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Thieves piss me the FUCK OFF.

To the OP, I hope you had home insurance. If not, now would be a great time to get it. If I'm not mistaken, home insurance should cover theft of items.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#25]
At least you got the satisfaction of the dirtbags getting caught, and getting some of your stuff back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Man I remember when my truck was broken in to in the gym parking lot in broad daylight about a year ago.   Fuckers did $1000 worth of damage to my door to steal a $180 cd player, and I had a $500 deductible.  I went back in to the gym and watched the security cam with an employee there, turns out the theft happened just barely more than 5 minutes after I walked out into the parking lot.  The scumbags parked in an empty spot next to my truck and hid between their car and my truck while they snuck inside it.  I would have thought the police wouldn't have an issue finding them, a black late model crown victoria with 26" 6 spoke wheels isn't exactly common in my area, but I never heard anything.  For a couple weeks afterwards I'd lay in bed at night trying to go to sleep thinking about nothing but what I would have done to them with my bare hands if I was just 5 minutes earlier.  I was having visions of fingers squeezing necks hard enough to pierce flesh, things like that.  I can imagine the thoughts going through the OP's head right now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Man that sucks . While it could have been worse , it could also have been better.

Maybe this'll lead to a few other busts and the rest of your stuff will turn up .
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#28]
To afford your stuff, you work hard.. Working hard means time you don't spend doing what you like and at you won't get back. When they steal your stuff, they still you part of your life.

I want these fukers dead.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#29]
What is it with you people leaving weapons in your vehicle?

On the plus side, they'll never find ammo for the 38.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Thankfully a Glock, AR, Xbox, and 32" LCD are all easily replaced.

Speak for yourself, Mr. Rockefeller.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thankfully a Glock, AR, Xbox, and 32" LCD are all easily replaced.

Speak for yourself, Mr. Rockefeller.

I never ever, ever, ever leave a weapon in a vehicle unless I have no other choice
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:10:48 AM EDT
[#32]
they should charge them with murder if anyone gets shot by the stolen guns and then fry them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:39:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2yv0vud.png

I think he'll be popular in the shower room
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Reading the OP makes me sick to my stomach , and angry as fuck.

I hate thieves.

OP, check out this thread.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/624112_CCTV_cameras_101_____Table_of_Contents_in_OP____Updated_26_Oct.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#35]
First off, glad you got most of your stuff back and I hope those fuckeheads spend the rest of their lives in prison. Second, considering how much theft you've incurred in your current location, perhaps it's time to relocate? Just a thought...
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:56:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nice poem.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Sorry OP.  I've had some nice stuff stolen too.  Fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Can you back your work trailer up against the house or some other structure to prevent the doors from being opened even if the lock is cut? I know guys that do that and leave the trailer attached to their trucks so it can't be rolled forward.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:08:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like it is too late to re-evaluate your layers of security.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:08:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Once you've made it clear you will wontonly refuse to live by our constructive social construct, your life should be forfeit.

Either take a bullet, or live on an island inhabited with no one else besides others who also refused to participate in society.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Meth or Pills?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:41:59 AM EDT
[#42]
dam sorry to hear it.  we were burglarized once too a long time ago when I was just a kid and had no guns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Just be glad they caught the guys and you got some stuff back.  You can sleep at night without thinking "now that they've gotten in once, maybe they are going to come back for more."  Also, I know this will cause some guys on here to take offense, but it's just an AR, it's one of many and easily replaceable.  Imagine having your dad's worn out pump shotgun you learned to shoot with, your grandfather's Winchester .22 that was so old you couldn't even tell the police what model it was, your father's old bolt action .243 that you took your first deer with AND the side by side 16 gauge Winchester you received for Christmas as a kid from your parents all stolen in one go because you forgot to lock your safe the previous weekend before the break-in.... I REALLY hate thieves.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:46:24 AM EDT
[#44]
You need to better secure your weapons.

Quoted:
What is it with you people leaving weapons in your vehicle?

On the plus side, they'll never find ammo for the 38.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#45]
too bad this countrys legal system is full of a bunch of pussies. they fucked your shit, you should be allowed to fuck theirs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:55:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Get a safe.

Get an alarm.

Get a dog or two.

I wasn't the one to find the aftermath when my mom's house was burglarized.  I was staying there while I was working on my place.  They took my SIG P228 (from the nightstand), and pretty much tossed everything.  They got caught just a couple of days later, and we got about half of our stuff back.  I got my POS Phoenix HP22 back, but never saw the SIG again  All of the eyepieces for my telescope, gone.

She got an alarm, and it may have run off someone since.  I know she feels better.  Now she has guns and something to lock them in.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Now it'll be easy to convince the wife you need a safe room or bunker under the house
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:59:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And now they'll drain the taxpayers from 25 to life.

They sure they can't just bill the taxpayers $.25 a piece for a couple of .45 hardballs?

.45 is at least twice that expensive around here. They should use 9mm.

OP, I don't see a felon in possession of a firearm charge for the ex-con. I hope they're holding that one back to get the two scumbags to plead guilty.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He looks like he knows what a cock looks like up close... or I hope he will soon.

OP... I feel for ya Bro! I had my house broken in to a few years back and my small handgun safe was stolen... I lost 4 handguns that day. Wound up getting one back about a year later... It's a sickening feeling.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:01:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Glad they caught the scumbags though!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top