Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2011 11:34:42 PM EDT
Is there something different about 600mg tablets of ibuprofen, from 200mg tablets of ibuprofen, other than weight?
I keep hearing people talk about these larger tablets as if there's something special about them compared to the bottle of Equate 200mg tablets I can buy from the shelf at walmart.  Am I missing something here?  Or do some people not understand that 3 x 200mg tablets is the same as a 600mg tablet?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
3 x 200 = 600.  Not rocket surgery but some folks feel that 600-800 in one tab is somehow much stronger.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#2]
patients tend to be more compliant when you write them a prescription than if you tell them to take an over the counter drug.  Also, in theory, less total binder in the 600mg or 800mg tabs (they aren't 3x and 4x the size of a 200mg tab) should make them more effective, but it's not something you're actually going to notice.  I'll write a prescription if I think the patient is really going to need it.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
400-600 are prescription is all. Same as 2 or 3 otc 200mg tabs.

Buy alieve instead of prescription naprosyn also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top