Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2011 4:23:39 PM EDT

We had our annual fall shoot today and since I hadn't taken her in a while my mom tagged along.(She is who I got my love of shooting from so it would only be right) She grew up In Zambia(Rhodesia's next door neighbor sort of speak) and was living there through independence. Even with that she didn't really remember the FN FAL. It is her new favorite weapon. Well that and the UZI. So I took the Rhodesian build with me and let her put most of my 308 I had with me through it. Between that and the Uzi she was like a kid at Christmas

SO............Now I need advise on finding her one :D :fal:

I'm pretty happy I can share the joy of shooting with her.

I got to put a few rounds through a Full Auto H&K so I was pretty excited about that. They also had a M60 and a MG42 out there but sadly could only watch not shoot those.

A Rhodesian and Zambian together after independence

HK 308 Burst fire

Last 4 rounds of 308

UZI FUN

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Where can you buy a gunrack like that?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool........ Bet your mom had a blast!
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
So you guys just randomly shoot into a creek or river? No targets at the range?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Usually with this place it's moving targets. Bottles, Cut pieces of wood, Tannerite.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like everyone in Texas shoots at the same creek.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems like everyone in Texas shoots at the same creek.

Don't drink the water...
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
That is the oddest range. Don't get the appeal of shooting 10 feet into the water.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought that was kind of odd too lol
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#9]
FAL fun in Fall.

Looks like fun.

Except for the shooting at water part.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That is the oddest range. Don't get the appeal of shooting 10 feet into the water.

Obviously you have never tried to shoot class 3 at a public range.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL

Looks like you guys had tons of fun shooting aimlessly in to water....
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Not sure but it looks like in that second vid with the .308 putting out burst right around 8 seconds it looks like a round skips off the water and hits way off to the left beside you. Looks like fun though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not sure but it looks like in that second vid with the .308 putting out burst right around 8 seconds it looks like a round skips off the water and hits way off to the left beside you. Looks like fun though.

Just video angle.

In Texas we don't have Public land and most ranges in Dallas suck so this place is one of the few areas North Texan Arfcommers can go to shoot stuff they normally would not be able to (Full auto etc)

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#14]
More power to you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just video angle.

In Texas we don't have Public land and most ranges in Dallas suck so this place is one of the few areas North Texan Arfcommers can go to shoot stuff they normally would not be able to (Full auto etc)

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Do you guys get cheap remote controlled boats filled with Tannerite and shoot them ?

That's what I would do

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Zambia was actually Northern Rhodesia for most of the time she would have lived there.  I do recall you saying your mother was excited about your FAL project.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously you have never tried to shoot class 3 at a public range.

Obviously Tejas is just simply fucked up, because pretty much every single public range around here in Florida allows and/or encourages machinegun shooting, and that includes the indoor ranges for sure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually with this place it's moving targets. Bottles, Cut pieces of wood, Tannerite.

Broken bottles in the river, well it is Texas

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top