Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 9:47:15 AM EDT
OK, some may not have heard the sroty of when I ran over the racoon at the BRC.  Whell, if you havn't, you can find it easy enough on the AK side in GD.  Anyway, early this AM, on the way back from Richmond (I drive night shuttle from Virginia Beach to Richmond and back for a freight company) I hear a "bump" off the top of my truck.

Well, I figure I hit a bird, as it happens once in a while.  So I make a usual comment of, "Well, I just got a bird."  Lo and behold, the next driver replies, "That wasn't a bird, it was a bat!"  I'm thinking, "A bat?"  Made sense, I suppose as it was just under a bridge when I nailed it, and they are all over that area.  

Well, I get to add "BAT" to my list of critters I've run down.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
We've got a road trip to Ohio coming up, Ross.  Should we start setting up some incredibly sick point system??  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, possibly based on weight, with extra points given for relative survival instinct of the species?  I mean if the species generally runs away, or at least isn't blind as a bat or dumb as a racoon, we should get extra credit, right?

Hey, what am I saying?  We're taking my car!  Well, I suppose we can probably survive a bigger animal in my land barge.  At least I have a full-size spare if we puncture a tire on bone matter [:P]

Ross
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#3]
racoon: 1 point
bouncing it off the campymobile: 5 points

bat's don't rate. call me when you nail the great white buck!!!

lessee...rental car damage...$400
company truck damage...$50

note to self: never lend a vehicle to ross if critters within a 25 mile radius.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
racoon: 1 point
bouncing it off the campymobile: 5 points

bat's don't rate. call me when you nail the great white buck!!!

lessee...rental car damage...$400
company truck damage...$50

note to self: never lend a vehicle to ross if critters within a 25 mile radius.
View Quote

C'mon, the bat's gotta be worth more!  They have radar for cryin out loud!  How many people do you know that can say they've hit a bat with a tractor-trailer?  

I think there should also be extra points based on how much of the critter stays with your vehicle.  Probably a surface area value measured on the vehicle with bigger points for soild chunks.  

Ross
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#5]
In my younger years growing up in Michigun we used to take road trips to my grandmas, about 120 miles.  Well if you didn't know there is AALOT of road kill on Michigun highways, well anyways we used to count dead animals and catograize them by species.  No points, just kept us 4 kids from driving my mom crazy on those 3 hour tours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top