Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 12:12:38 AM EDT
It seems that when one apply for a job in contact w/ the public, one has to go thru a background check.  

Why don't our election system has a standard where, before any politician is allowed to campaign or run for office, they TOO need to qualify and have a background check (before they run or allowed on the ballot).

For example, to become a Real Estate Agent or Broker, one has to have a certain # of required education hours and pass a competency exam, THEN get a background check b4 license is issued.  All politician need to be subjected under the same laws they passed.  

But then again, most politicians and all criminal have a common denominator: they don't obey the laws.

If you look at the background of many in our Congress, many have serious convictions such as drug abuse/arrest, DUI, domestic violence, etc.  Our govt. is getting so corrupted (Enron, for ex.) that our soldiers are jeopardized in war tied to self-interest in exploiting other nations natural resources such as Vietnam, Afghanistan, Somalia, etc....under the guise of such illusions as fighting for democracy (we're not even a democracy) and freedom.

[b]Given the Patriot Act, does it make sense to fight for the 'freedom' and 'democracy' of another country's citizens, while at the same time taking away your own citizens' freedom?[/b]  

Most of our politicians/leader are always concocting some BS way of extorting money from the US citizens...such as this BS tax on ammo.   Have you also check the tax percentage on your cell phone bill?  (Around 30-35% in my area).

Remember the charity for 9/11 and the Billions that were donated to Red Cross and other misc. scam charities under the cover of helping the victims?  

How much did u think the victims and their family received from those charities? Most of the money goes to the $100-$500K / yr. in salary to charity boss and their admin. executives and support personnel.  The victims get the crumbs afterward.  

While do we have hundred and thousands of charities (not to mention religions) receiving $billions in donations yet there are still hunger, poverty, and homelessness in the US.  Aren't these organizations supposed to help these folks as they so claimed that their charities stood for?

While m I ranting on this? To spread the message: Quit donating to these fake charity organizations and take care of your family and if you feel the need to help, check in your area.  

Years back around the 1993 and 1995 Flooding in the Midwest, Willie Nelson and cronies setup a charity concert for the 'poor farmers' being affected.  How much did the so-called 'flood victim' get from the concert proceed?  $.05 cents from every ticket sold and ticket were going for at least $20 each.

May God give us the courage and conviction to help restore our country!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I read your post carefully,and I wholeheartedly agree with its sentiments.I'd surmise one politician would do a backround check on the others and they trade off offenses[;)].The charity thing is a givin',their like any religious orginization,preying on peoples psyc/need to "believe".Look at Paul Mcartneys wedding,3.5million to feed 300 people/$11,666perperson,with his portrayed attitude of the save the children',ban the mines,etc.he could have fed alot of people with that 3.5 million?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top