Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 7:10:31 PM EDT
The border patrol seems to be hiring.  Anybody here part in the BP, or know someone who is?  What's it like?  Dangerous?  A good job?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Es uno trabajo bueno pero necessita habla espanol e vive en Tejas.
El hijo de migra
lebrew
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They dont teach you Spanish?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]Es uno trabajo bueno pero necessita habla espanol e vive en Tejas. El hijo de migra.[/b]

More_Cowbell, he said, "it's one good job where speaking Spanish is necessary if your live in Texas" and "you need to move" or "are you looking to move" (I think, on the last part).

My spanish is a little rusty.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Border Patrol has one of the finest training facilities there is in El Paso.  Called BoTac its a new place.  Some media give them a cowboy image but consider the job they do.  If you thrive in the outdoors you might take a look.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
You actually have to learn Spanish, they send you to classes... If you don't learn it, your fired. This according to someone I know who recently retired from the BP.
It doesn't seem like a bad job if you like to be alone in the desert for 8-10hrs and have guns pointed at you by the Mexican military.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It doesn't seem like a bad job if you like to be alone in the desert for 8-10hrs and have guns pointed at you by the Mexican military.
View Quote

Sounds great!  Where do I sign up?  

oh, wait... I already know where.  I'll be applying, too.
[url=http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/workfor/careers/bpcareer/index.htm]The Border Patrol[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe you could get a few ranchers in AZ to chip in so you make, say $20/hour, and have them furnish you a 4x4, and you could start your own private border patrol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a thankless babysitting/taxi service...   You drive around the desert and pick up illegals (they're everywhere), give them water and food and take them back to Mexico...   Next day you do it again...   Same dummies every day...  Only the dummies get caught...   If you shoot back, you're on the carpet, if you don't you could be dead...   I'd wait til we build "The Southern Wall"...  
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe you could get a few ranchers in AZ to chip in so you make, say $20/hour, and have them furnish you a 4x4, and you could start your own private border patrol.
View Quote

Seems like some neighbors down here tried that a couple of years ago. Local law enforcement didn't appreciate it much.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems like some neighbors down here tried that a couple of years ago. Local law enforcement didn't appreciate it much.

View Quote

At the very least you can detain them for trespassing on private property.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
MINE THE SOUTHERN BORDER AND MINE IT TOMORROW.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[b]El hijo de migra.[/b]

"you need to move" or "are you looking to move" (I think, on the last part).

My spanish is a little rusty.

Mike
View Quote

I thought it was, "The son of the migra" (migra is what the Mexicans call border patrol, so I'm guessing lebrew's old man is a BP agent)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#13]
A country that cannot (or will not) control its own borders has a VERY limited future. Period.

Bulldog OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top