Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2011 12:51:42 PM EDT

Ron Paul said Monday that President Barack Obama’s targeted killing of Anwar al-Awlaki might be an impeachable offense.

Asked at a Manchester, N.H. town hall meeting about last week’s killing of the American-born Al Qaeda leader, the Texas congressman said impeachment would be “possible,” but that he wants to know more about how the administration “flouted the law.”

Paul called the killing a movement toward “tyranny.”

“I put responsibility on the president because this is obviously a step in the wrong direction,” Paul said. “We have just totally disrespected the Constitution.”

The comments once again put Paul at odds with his Republican rivals over foreign policy and the war on terror in the latest indication of how his foreign policy views stray far from Republican orthodoxy even in a GOP that’s taken on an increasingly isolationist bent.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65035.html
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Asked on what crime or offense he would impeach Obama on, Paul responded: "I just said almost every president I've known I'd probably have to vote for impeachment, because there's very little respect for the Constitution –– and certainly there's no respect for the Constitution for assassinating American citizens."
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't that be ironic...... getting impeached by doing something that most of the people who WANT him impeached approved of.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top