Bastrop La or Bastrop Tx Zhukov?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Bastrop La or Bastrop Tx Zhukov?

Texas my friend.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I lived in Bastrop for quite a few years, a lot of people I know lost everything they had. Some lucked out, it is amazing how close the fire got to their places but somehow they were spared. The people I know that lost everything didn't have much time to get anything, some even hesitated thinking they would be ok, but had to leave at the last minute. Most had insurance, some didn't, but insurance can't replace everything that was lost.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Hadnt watched the news . It looks like the forest may benefit if it doesnt kill the trees and burns out the undergrowth. A for the homes thats terrible.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Apparently Virgil Tripp lost his home in those fires.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Apparently Virgil Tripp lost his home in those fires.

Yes, but his business property survives, but sadly he lost his home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top