Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:59:43 PM EDT
I'm no longer allowed to wear FRACU's to my unit anymore I need some regular ACU's for work. I guess my supervisors want me to catch on fire

Anyone buy online? I checked my local surplus store and they were really mismatched and worn out. These will be for actual wear in the .mil so they have to look semi-presentable.

edit: Also if anyone knows where I can find the all zipper ones with the hidden zippers that would be great. Velcro sucks donkey balls.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm no longer allowed to wear FRACU's to my unit anymore I need some regular ACU's for work. I guess my supervisors want me to catch on fire

Anyone buy online? I checked my local surplus store and they were really mismatched and worn out. These will be for actual wear in the .mil so they have to look semi-presentable.

edit: Also if anyone knows where I can find the all zipper ones with the hidden zippers that would be great. Velcro sucks donkey balls.

how far are you from a PX? Also look at AAFES.com
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how far are you from a PX? Also look at AAFES.com

I think 27 miles in one direction and 50 in the other, paying shipping would be cheaper then gas and I try to order everything online driving all over the city sucks. I kind of want to try non AAFES ACU's the crotch normally rips out within the first month of strenuous work in them. They are designed for desk jockeys. I was wondering if the civilian ones held up better and I'm guessing they probably do.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
whats the going rate on ACU's?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
nvm
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

whats the going rate on ACU's?

Ehh I don't even know this will be the first pair I've ever bought. The supply guy ordered 2 pairs for me but they won't be there for a month or so and I have to go in this month so I have to order them soon. A google search brings up hundreds of sites that sell them which is why I'm asking on here for a good site.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Why won't they allow you to wear the FRACUs?  

Not knowing the circumstances, this may not be of any help, but ALARACT 315/2011 (22AUG11) expressly allows the wear of UCP FRACUs in place of standard ACUs.  

4. THE ARMY'S INTENT IS TO ALLOW SOLDIERS TO UTILIZE
SERVICEABLE UCP FR ACU UNIFORMS (FR ACU'S AND UCP ACU'S PATTERN
DESIGN ARE THE SAME).
5. SOLDIERS ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZED THE WEAR OF UCP FR ACU'S FOR
ROUTINE GARRISON AND FIELD USE.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not knowing the circumstances, this may not be of any help, but ALARACT 315/2011 (22AUG11) expressly allows the wear of UCP FRACUs in place of standard ACUs.  

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

This will guarantee another entertaining thread by reservist
thank you sir
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

Eh you don't know my unit man. Shit just gets made up and circulated by the dumb dumbs. I've learned long to just stay invisible and say yes and move on because even when you are right you are wrong.

edit: The switch from the beret to the patrol cap really hammered it home for me. By the end of the day the only people still wearing a beret were the same people that are enforcing this rule on me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.propper.com/

They will deliver it ready to wear, name tape and all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

Eh you don't know my unit man. Shit just gets made up and circulated by the dumb dumbs. I've learned long to just stay invisible and say yes and move on because even when you are right you are wrong.

Kinda guessed that was the case, just figured I'd toss it out there in case you're feeling froggy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

Kinda guessed that was the case, just figured I'd toss it out there in case you're feeling froggy.

do it!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

Dude I was the frogman for a long time haha. I've posted a lot of the shenanigans I've gone through and pissed a lot of people off on here over them. I have barely any time left now and then I'm out so I'm just playing the game until then. At the end of the day I wanted to serve and I got to and I don't regret it. But playing the game isn't for me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

do it!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

DESIGN ARE THE SAME).

do it!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Hard to tell if that's an intentional triple tap or not...

Back to the topic, I've had good experiences with Next Day Uniforms
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought my class A's from these guys and they have a deal right now 69.99 for a top, bottom, and a patrol cap. All brand new and resistant to bugs... Kind of weird but they are cheap and look nice and I've ordered from them before.

http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Shelf/ASP/Hierarchy/02.html

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought my class A's from these guys and they have a deal right now 69.99 for a top, bottom, and a patrol cap. All brand new and resistant to bugs... Kind of weird but they are cheap and look nice and I've ordered from them before.

Damn.  I may have to give that one a shot myself!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hard to tell if that's an intentional triple tap or not...

Back to the topic, I've had good experiences with Next Day Uniforms

my connection has been spotty and I had to keep refreshing
it does give the cool chanting effect though
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn.  I may have to give that one a shot myself!

They have a discount code right now for .mil members if you type in MYTROOPS they deduct 15% off your order.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:45:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I dunno dude, I would print out the authorization to wear FRACU's stateside and tell them to shove it up their ass. Then again, I feel froggy on a regular basis.
Could be worse. You could be a two tour combat veteran in ROTC. I tell at least two MS-4's (the seniors) to fuck off every class period because they have some kind of a power trip going on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Why are you buying them instead of getting some from Kyloc?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top