Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/2/2011 4:35:19 AM EDT
finished my west coast trip (reno, yosemite , sf)  had a good time till i got to san fran,, we rode the f-line street car from fishermans wharf to the other end , i think castro,, got gayer by the stop,,
 by the time we got to the end there was a guy in a lawn chair right beside the track totally naked and spread out for the world to see..
never going back to sf,, whens the big one gonna hit?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You're just ignorant and intolerant.  That kind of behavior is demonstrative of a lifestyle at least as valid and beautiful as your own.

AV1611 out......
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there in 1972 and in 2009.............
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It was hot. I was just trying to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#4]

When you stop hearing "sir" and "ma'am" the rest is soon to foller...........
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When you stop hearing "sir" and "ma'am" the rest is soon to foller...........

Very nice.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
You must be a Republican, right wing extremist, Nazi, religious freak, bigot, homophobe, white, Christian, filled with hate and intolerance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not trying to defend SF,but why would you venture into the Castro district ?

Unless you were trying to satisfy some morbid curiosity,it's like going to the beach and complaining about the sand.

But give SF a second chance,go check out the Folsom Street Fair next year..it's a good wholesome family type atmosphere.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was there in 1972 and in 2009.............

It's ashamed that progressive fuckstains chewed up that city and spit it out, it used to be a beautiful city, some of the houses/architecture there is awesome. This is what happens when you breed over PC with progressive liberalism, a whole fucking bunch of motherfucking fuck!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
had no idea castro was like that,, just wanted to see the city on the street car,, btw the mariposa grove at yosemite was mind blowing
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Get used to (accept/embrace) it:  abnormal is the new normal.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
had no idea castro was like that,, just wanted to see the city on the street car,, btw the mariposa grove at yosemite was mind blowing

Yosemite is nice this time of year,did you get to Kings Canyon ?

The giant Sequoias are amazing.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to defend SF,but why would you venture into the Castro district ?

Unless you were trying to satisfy some morbid curiosity,it's like going to the beach and complaining about the sand.

But give SF a second chance,go check out the Folsom Street Fair next year..it's a good wholesome family type atmosphere.

Folsom Street Fair -  Not for Children

Either you are one sick person or you are trying to pull a fast one........

I stand by my previous post.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you not know what areas to avoid and what areas to visit?
I have tons of fun in San Fran when I have business meetings out there but I hangout in the Italian district.
I was just there this summer and we tore that town up.  My first night out I walk in the bar and order a beer and the cute bartender asks me if I am from out of town and I replied yes.  Then the next thing she asked me was if I was straight?  I laughed and said yes I am straight.  Then she asked if I was taken?  I said yes, happily married.  She said damn, all the straight guys are spoken for already.
I had a few beers and we visited for awhile, it seems she has a hard time getting dates.  I told her to move cause in any other town she would not have a problem.  She was nice looking.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Eff' that shit.  Do not spend your money there.
Cut em' off financially.
Starve Marxism....Visit non liberal areas.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:04:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You must be a Republican, right wing extremist, Nazi, religious freak, bigot, homophobe, white, Christian, filled with hate and intolerance.

You forgot Tea Bagger!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was there for a few days once out drinking and sight seeing, didn't seem as horrific as GD usually makes it seem, course I may not have sought out the nastiest parts of town.

it draws vermin from the rest of the country who like the liberal welfare and pot, beats having them live in my county

Oh yeah, there are still nice parts to the city as of 2009...........but all the libtards.........MY GOD!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya,that

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#19]
so, you go into the Castro –– the gay and alternative stronghold of the gayest city on Earth –– any you are shocked by what you saw?

OP is like the guy who falls through a skylight burglarizing a school, then sues the school for having a dangerous skylight.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Just got back from just about the same trip. It was awesome. Although, I stayed in little Italy , China town, Market area, and Pier 39.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Did you get gang raped by a group of hung, aids infested trannies?  And liked it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#22]

This over SF is a thought that brings happiness to me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sounds like my kind of guy!  

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I plan to visit San Francisco soon.  My Great-Great-Grandfather, who immigrated from Germany, was naturalized as a U.S. citizen in San Francisco during the 1860's and my parents were there (and made me) during the summer of 1967.  For the record, they thought the hippies were disgusting......they were and are conservative Okies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Alrighty then –– at least you didn't randomly decide to ride MUNI to the Bayview/Hunters Point.

ETA:

Was he using a towel?  Link

Protesters Bare All Over a Proposed San Francisco Law

Monday, September 26, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO –– Perhaps it should not be a surprise that San Francisco does not have a law against being naked in public, nor that a small, unselfconscious segment of the city's residents regularly exercise that right.

That tiny minority was joined this weekend in the autumn fog and cold by unclothed sympathizers at a "Nude-In." One of their objectives was to draw attention to a proposed law –– introduced by Scott Wiener, a city supervisor –– that would prohibit nudity in restaurants and require unclad people to put a towel or other material down before sitting bare-bottomed on benches or other public seats.

Businesses in the Castro are divided over the role that naked people play in the neighborhood's economic and cultural appeal. Despite receiving some complaints about nudity from business owners, Steve Adams, president of the Merchants of Upper Market and Castro, says he often sees tourists posing for photographs with the nudists.

That article was fromMonday.  Which day were you there OP?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Well...hell, Bubba....you should have taken the BART over to Oakland and Berkley....just to round out your cultural tour....but just make sure you're back before dark....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I worked for the City and County of San Francisco for a year.

The only thing I dislike about the city, is the fact that it's a big city. It's kind of universal.

San Francisco does have it's own brand of weird, but you're doing yourself a disservice by reacting the way you did. The better way to experience the city, is to pretend you're an anthropologist. Look at the city, as if you were a researcher, studying the culture and customs of a far away land. It makes it more fun, and you'll learn to lighten up a bit.

And even as I generally hate being in cities as a rule (I'd rather be in the woods), you're broken somehow, if you can't manage to have a good time in San Francisco.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#30]
For years I was saying 'Dehammy, how cool would it be to watch a bum take a fucking dump in front of you in broad daylight on a sidewalk.'

My dreams came true when I visited San Francisco.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The only thing I dislike about the city, is the fact that it's a big city. It's kind of universal.

San Francisco does have it's own brand of weird, but you're doing yourself a disservice by reacting the way you did. The better way to experience the city, is to pretend you're an anthropologist. Look at the city, as if you were a researcher, studying the culture and customs of a far away land. It makes it more fun, and you'll learn to lighten up a bit.

And even as I generally hate being in cities as a rule (I'd rather be in the woods), you're broken somehow, if you can't manage to have a good time in San Francisco.

Have you ever tried your theory out in Detroit?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't have gone in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:31:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. And I can have a good time there, too. Not all of Detroit is a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
finished my west coast trip (reno, yosemite , sf)  had a good time till i got to san fran,, we rode the f-line street car from fishermans wharf to the other end , i think castro,, got gayer by the stop,,
 by the time we got to the end there was a guy in a lawn chair right beside the track totally naked and spread out for the world to see..

It would have been nice if you had gone up to him and said, "Mr. Pelosi, I think you've had a little too much to drink, let me help you back inside."
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. And I can have a good time there, too. Not all of Detroit is a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#36]
The City and north beach area was way better back in the Carol Doda days.......
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#37]
San Francisco isn't bad to visit, except for the tons of aggressive panhandlers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do (these people) bring kids here? This is a leather fair for god's sake, said Bahran Aliassa, who was masturbating in public. He has been doing it annually for the past six years.

reads like The Onion.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Get used to (accept/embrace) it:  deviancy is the new normal.

corrected.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why would you go into the seedier parts of town?

Looking to be offended?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The only way you could get me to go to the folsom street fair is if I had a body condom and a minigun
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You're just ignorant and intolerant.  That kind of behavior is demonstrative of a lifestyle at least as valid and beautiful as your own.

AV1611 out......

LOL!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Show us on the doll where he touched you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you go into the seedier parts of town?

Looking to be offended?

Since when is the Castro seedy? It's actually once of the nicer parts of town (strange nude residents notwithstanding). The Tenderloin is seedy.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Sf is a great place to visit. Yeah there are tons of crazy people but I've never had a problem finding something to do there.
You just can't get all bent out of shape that people don't look/act the way people like you do. The city really is beautiful and worth seeing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That.

Go to any large city and you will see the same stuff if you venture into the wrong (depending on your preferences i guess) hood and you will see the same shit.
Complaining about gay people in the Castro? Did you then go to Pier 39 and bitch about the tourists?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Ya,the Castro district is really expensive,and unfortunately is home to some really good eateries.I am pretty tolerant to "alternative lifestyles",but even the Castro District is too much to stomach,most likely due to a lot of gays doing gay stuff out in the open for nothing but shock value.It's like they figure if people are going to venture into the Castro to see gays,they are going to give them a show.

Diamond Heights is where most of "them" live.

I used to go to the Tenderloin area a lot,to practice studios located on Turk St...never had any problems there..Now Bayview/Hunters Point is a different story.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Whoa! I'm pretty sure that guy was in my division. Looks like he put on a few pounds though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Very uplifting city........Right?!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top