Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 11:28:51 PM EDT
what is the logistical problem with delivering beer for profit? On weekends I run out of beer and want more yet don't want to walk or risk DUI to go get more.

Why the fuck isn't there a service to deliver me some beer for a few extra dollars?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Call the pizza joint
2) Ask to talk to the delivery driver because your home has some specific directions
3) Tell the driver what beer you want and promise him a good tip for his trouble
4) Profit
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll also add...

I have in my house, right now, over 20 gallons of beer.

Seriously, I never even come close to running out.  I don't understand why people will only buy a 6-pack at a time.

Especially here.  I mean, this is the home of the AmmoFort (tm), right?  I thought y'all were into preparedness?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll also add...

Seriously, I never even come close to running out.  I don't understand why people will only buy a 6-pack at a time.

Especially here.  I mean, this is the home of the AmmoFort (tm), right?  I thought y'all were into preparedness?

I buy 3 30 bombs at a time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought of that too. Then I was told they already have that here, but its expensive.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll also add...

For the same reason why we only buy one pack of smokes sometimes... we're going to quit
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll also add...

Never let me presume to tell anyone what to drink.  So this certainly isn't that.  But...

I've bought a LOT of beer in my life and...  I'm thinking real hard, here...  I've just realized that I have never bought a 30-pack.

I've drank other people's, but I have never made a first-party purchase of anything in a 30-pack.  I've bought beer that is packaged in 30-pks, but never in a 30-pk format.

In fact, I think it's the only packaging size other than ultra-magnums (e.g. the Arrogant Bastard Jeroboams) that I have never purchased.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll also add...

Never let me presume to tell anyone what to drink.  So this certainly isn't that.  But...

I've bought a LOT of beer in my life and...  I'm thinking real hard, here...  I've just realized that I have never bought a 30-pack.

I've drank other people's, but I have never made a first-party purchase of anything in a 30-pack.  I've bought beer that is packaged in 30-pks, but never in a 30-pk format.

In fact, I think it's the only packaging size other than ultra-magnums (e.g. the Arrogant Bastard Jeroboams) that I have never purchased.

"Buy it cheap and stack it deep," doesn't just apply to ammunition, you know.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
1. A liquor license (or whatever your state requires to sell alcohol) is expensive.
2. If you could even get insurance for a mobile alcohol delivery service it would probably be unaffordable.
3. You would be responsible (both civilly & criminally) for any alcohol "accidentally" distributed to a minor.  

The pizza delivery idea is your best bet - this has been going on forever.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll also add...

30 stones for 20 bones.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
got a ride from the neighbor. cost me 5 extra dollars but well worth it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll also add...

by

That a baby! My boy blue! Stuffs hard to come by.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll also add...

30 stones for 20 bones.  

Hahahah I fucking lost it hahaha.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll also add...

+1 to that.

Though my preffered method of "cheap" usually involves not paying tax to the .gov.  

Nothing against 30 packs, I just realized I've never bought one is all.  And I've spent over $500 on a single beer run before.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll also add...

+1 to that.

Though my preffered method of "cheap" usually involves not paying tax to the .gov.  

Nothing against 30 packs, I just realized I've never bought one is all.  And I've spent over $500 on a single beer run before.

30 bombs are more cost/storage/packing effective.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Drink Bourbon.  Higher goodness concentration allows for greater storage density...........  I never run out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
30 bombs are more cost/storage/packing effective.

Kegs are even better.  

Also, there's no excise tax on homebrew.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#17]
In my youth sharing a house on top of Green Mountain in the Denver area we would frequently enlist the pizza delivery guy to pick up smokes and beer on his way up the hill. Worked out especially well during the occasional blizzard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Get a bicycle and do your 2nd beer run before you're too hammered.

You'll feel like a hipster but who cares
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

they will give you a DUI on a bike

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

they will give you a DUI on a bike

That's why you don't ride on roads.

Back yards FTW.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

1) Call the pizza joint

2) Ask to talk to the delivery driver because your home has some specific directions

3) Tell the driver what beer you want and promise him a good tip for his trouble

4) Profit

I have done this.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) Call the pizza joint

4) Profit

I have done this.

that makes three.

do i have to order a pizza though?  Im a penny pincher. I have pizza in the freezer for cheap

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Sam Kinison did a bit about calling a limousine equipped with a wet bar.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Wife & I are preppers.

One of our preps is vodka.

Always have a fallback.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
1) Call the pizza joint
4) Profit

I have done this.

that makes three.

do i have to order a pizza though?  Im a penny pincher. I have pizza in the freezer for cheap

Breadsticks are like $2.99.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I have done the pizza idea many many times with the sub company jimmy johns while in college and it works quite well........it helps that the delivery guys are usually college students too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#27]
The Brew Thru(local drive thru beverage place) does deliveries, even on the beach.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Independent cab drivers will pick stuff up for you if they know you, cheaper and faster than a pizza place IME.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Independent cab drivers will pick stuff up for you if they know you, cheaper and faster than a pizza place IME.

Beat me to it. My cousin drove taxi for a while. Packy runs were not uncommon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top