Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2002 11:51:51 AM EDT
Those of you who have read my missives to this site the past year or so, have probably noted that I'm employed with the security force at a large federal agency here in Atlanta.  Up until 9/11, only the branch at which I work had it's officers armed. As such, I've been responsible for the upkeep and maintainance of the unit's weapons, which were  a bunch of old police surplus S&Ws.

Post 9/11 all of the agency's staff has been gradually converted to armed status, and scads of new 9mm S&W have been and are being acquired.
The organization I work for has decided to create a full time, supervisory level arms training and maintainance slot, and I'm applying. For me this would be a dream job; working to train staff, get them qualified and requalified twice a year, deal with the acquisition ,maintainance and repair of the unit's weapons, and not have to walk patrols three to five times a shift.

For those of you who have sided with me in the political type threads I've posted, root for me, willya'? For those of you who think I keep my brains in the seat of my pants, root for me anyway.  If I get this slot, I'll be so darn busy for at least six months that I won't have time or energy to get on the site much, so you won't have to put up with so many of my opinions. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya got my vote...   root. root..
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
But what is your contingincy plan for taking multiple .308 rounds to your back?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
OK Aimless; you get number 2 of the surplus MP 5's. There will be no prize for guessing who gets number one. [:D]

Plans for a .308 round? Guess my widow and orphaned son would have to make the plans (ouch that hurts).
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck shamayim.  Sounds like a cool job.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top