Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2002 5:06:44 AM EDT
[url=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020610/ap_on_re_us/nyc_armed_patrols_1]N.Y. Jews to Start Armed Patrols [/url]

[/quote]NEW YORK (AP) - Citizens armed with shotguns will patrol the streets of the heavily Jewish Brooklyn neighborhoods because of comments a suspected terrorist made about targeting them, a rabbi said.

The patrols, to begin June 16, are in response to comments Abdul Rahman Yasin made during an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" on June 2, said Rabbi Yakove Lloyd, founder and president of the right-wing Jewish Defense Group.

Yasin, who is sought by the FBI ( news - web sites) in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, said in an interview from a compound in Iraq that he and his accomplices originally targeted heavily Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn.

They later decided to attack
....[/quote]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The patrols, to begin June 16,
View Quote

Great! Let everyone know when the patrols start so that the terrorists know when their cutoff date will be. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, F4YR, how's the free state of PA?  Buy an evil Tec-9 yet?

Those PA gunshows are fun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what Chuckie Schumer and Hitlery Klinton will have to say about this?  Probably nothing because they are Jews and represent a big voting block.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for them protecting their neighborhood in this fashion.  I just think that this puts these two creeps in an interesting position.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They must have some good connections in the gov't to carry loaded weapons on partol.

More power to the people, as it should be.
View Quote

Do you notice the contradiction here?

Sorry, I have a hard time cheering for a small special interest group who feels that the law doesn't apply to them.

Somehow I think if it were a black/Irish/Italian neighborhood starting armed patrols the cops would have already arrested the ringleaders.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone hear how the patrols turned out?
View Quote

You searching for Jews tonight?  Put down the bottle of Port and slowly back away from the keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This cannot possibly be true.  We al know because others have stated so here, that Jews are totally opposed to prvate firearms ownership or usage in any fashion.
View Quote

That certainly is true, but this is an old story that never happened. The date was June 2002. They never went through with it because they were threatened with arrest. As is typical with Americans in this day and age they chickened out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top