Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2002 1:51:17 PM EDT
Ok, I've been a lazy bastard and have been sitting on this project for a couple of months. But I have to get it done this weekend. I need to write a program in Z80 assembly to compute equilibrium grid for chemistry. I've done most of the input routines, (store terms in Strings, since 83 can't manipulate symbolic stuff, any variables stored as a number will be evaluated), now the hard part is to extract the strings and convert them to numbers and variables and perform symbolic computation on them. Anyone with experience in Z80 assembly interested in looking over my code and giving me some tips on how to finish this faster?

BTW, WTF is with TI's documentation? I've used their string tables and none of the values listed for signs like +,-,=,x,(,) are correct.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I am VERY VERY familiar with the Z-80 but have never used a TI-83.

I could look over the code. BTW why the TI-83?

...nevermind, I suppose the TI-83 either uses or emulates the Z-80.

Most of my Z-80 stuff was for electronic projects and I just used an assembler on a PC to write and test the code via emulation/In Circuit Emulation.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Jeez, jz02, they stopped using Z80 assembly sometime in the Cretaceous Period, didn't they? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The Z-80 is used mostly as a micro-controller these days. E.g.- To control an alpha-numeric display, keypad, etc...

In some cases there are devices which have replaced it but it still has its uses.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I'll email you the code and the TI83+ developer's guide. Because the 83 has its own architecture.

This is for Chemistry Calculator based laboratory. It's not worth 150 to buy TI89s just for this one function. Plus my school doesn't have that much money.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see the TI manuals pdf file in your yahoo folder.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Huh?

This is obviously code talk for a terrorist cell!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jeez, jz02, they stopped using Z80 assembly sometime in the Cretaceous Period, didn't they? [;)]
View Quote

ROFLMAO!  That's what I was thinking, but not quite [i]that[/i] long ago!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top