Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/28/2011 4:34:22 PM EDT
This dumbass buys a WRX, ghettos it out, and tries to offroad it. He ends up getting it stuck on a trail and abandons it. He then goes and posts about it on a local (CO) forum, including incriminating YouTube videos, thinking he'll get lulz.

Instead, they rip his ass and report him to the authorities.

The local offroading clubs offer to tow him out. He says he'll give the title to whomever can get the car off the trail. So they tow it today and film the carnage, including body parts ripping off:

He's still facing up to $50k in fines and up to 6 months in jail. Darwinism at it's best.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
damn just damn..
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Letter to the dumbass:
Mr. Pringle and HighAltitudeImport Friends:
Please allow me to introduce the Colorado Trail Patrol. We are an organization partnering with USFS, BLM, and State Parks to protect and preserve our OHV (Off-Highway Vehicle) trails. This involves our volunteers around the state reporting damage to the trails, signage issues, etc. Due to our working relationship with law enforcement agencies, citations can be a result of our reports. Deliberately abandoning vehicles is an increasing issue here in Colorado and will not be tolerated. This incident HAS been reported, and the documentation HAS been handed over to them (video, license plate, contact info). It is in your best interest to work with ANYONE willing to assist you rectify your illegal dumping in a National Forest. It is also in your best interest to DO IT NOW!

The average fine for illegal dumping in CO is several thousand dollars (upwards of $50000 in some cases), 6 months in jail, and 200 hours of community service.
We appreciate you owning up to the mistake and publishing where the vehicle is. This will help others help you. Please take the responsible steps to fix this.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is he facing a $50k fine and 6 months in jail?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe its just me, or maybe i just grew up out in the country and things like this just seemed to be normal.

Why not let the kid have his fun and beat up his old car and have some fun, live life?

As long as he picks up the pieces after himself i dont see a problem here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dumping garbage in a State Forest.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Colorado gets pretty cranky about people trashing up the place - stiff fines
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Good God!   What kind of idiots are these people?  Not just the guy with the Subaru but the moron walking beside it yelling "Driver!...Passenger!"   How about "left....right".   By the time he pronounces "passenger" the guy has already hit what he wanted him to avoid.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of these kids with their ricers are real knuckleheads.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dumping garbage in a State Forest.

Seems excessive.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#10]
What a retard, most of that trail looks 2wd capable if the RE RE would have pre scouted it. (of course even the most lightly modified 2WD trucks would have twice the ground clearance).
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
The thing is he didn't want to pick up the pieces
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the moron wrecking the trail and getting the Subie stuck:

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
both rear wheels where going backwards.. Was that thing in reverse?

Or was it just one wheel at a time going backwards?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#15]
The spoiler is a nice touch for an off-road vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Have been into off roading since I moved to CO in the mid 80's and I can't imagine just leaving a vehicle because it was inconvenient to tow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#18]
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The spoiler is a nice touch for an off-road vehicle.

Keeps the overhead limbs trimmed back.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Part two of destroying the trail

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
You know you have arrived when they give you your own sub-forum in offtopic.

The sticked quote thread is full of gems.

http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/forums/108-The-Tonnerre-Tech-Corner
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S4NLGkHLWU

Can you explain how he is "wrecking the trail"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#23]
It's shit like this that gets trails closed to public use.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#24]
What a fucking retard Just give more ammo to that stupid fucking no good cunt Feinstein to try and close public land to off-roading.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He left the damn car there

My guess is this is one of the reasons stuff like this is not allowed on public land here
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Guys like that F'en it up for the rest of us. Over the years there are fewer and fewer places to go.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#27]
what a bunch of snitches
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Besides leaving the car there, I don't see how he is "destroying" anything.  What, kicking up a little dust?  Turning over a couple rocks?  I have a hard time believing he's doing any more damage than a dozen Jeeps on a trail day.  I could understand if he was digging deep ruts through a bunch of mud, or going off-trail, but I don't see any of that.

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I saw that thread on Colorado4x4 as I'm a member there.

I hope he gets a nice ticket for his "funny" tour of our back roads
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I really dont understand what the big outcry is about. Sure he left the vehicle, that is a no-no on that trail. But I dont see what a car can possibly do to the trail to make it any worse than it already is.

I think an abandoned car way back up a mountain would make a fun obsticle on a trail. Smash over top of it, climb it like a rock. Laugh at it everytime you see it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#32]
An idea of how harsh that area is, it's less 11.8 miles away and supposed to take 35 minutes.   And that's with 2.5 miles of 65mph.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I really dont understand what the big outcry is about. Sure he left the vehicle, that is a no-no on that trail. But I dont see what a car can possibly do to the trail to make it any worse than it already is.

I think an abandoned car way back up a mountain would make a fun obsticle on a trail. Smash over top of it, climb it like a rock. Laugh at it everytime you see it.

I'm sure you and your family will appreciate hiking the national forests with a bunch of wrecked/abandoned cars leaking oil/fluids all over the place.  

They fly in and get 'em out with a chopper if they have to. Hell of a fine to pay.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Besides leaving the car there, I don't see how he is "destroying" anything.  What, kicking up a little dust?  Turning over a couple rocks?  I have a hard time believing he's doing any more damage than a dozen Jeeps on a trail day.  I could understand if he was digging deep ruts through a bunch of mud, or going off-trail, but I don't see any of that.

What am I missing?

Well, it should certainly be illegal to post such shaky video footage on Youtube...

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

People don't go up to the back country to see a junk yard. The mountains of Colorado are just breath taking and we have the chance to see them from the trails away from thousands

of cars on the main roads and highways. This is a monster truck rally

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

oh come on,  how do you "wreck a trail"   with a subaru.

LOL

gimmme a break.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

what a bunch of snitches

Eventually the car would have been found by the authorities and made it easier for people that might not want ORVs like this in parks to get them banned and trails closed, but you keep going with the whole "snitches get stitches" thing because that works so well where it came from.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

i would like to know this as well.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#39]
All the Land Use we wheelers fight for and it gets kicked back by YEARS when videos like this hit the internet. Fuck you Subie owner!!!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think it is a transfer case thing. Front wheels being pulled forward making the rears turn backwards. I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Because the dumbass had it in gear while he was being towed.  
In the first video the other dude filming it says something near the very end and he puts it in neutral where it rolls normally.

I don't think both rear wheels were turning backwards, you can only see the left one and it's turning backwards because of the rear differential.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ar-jedi

Jack your drive axle up so that both wheels are off the ground, spin one wheel, and watch what the other one does.    With an open differential  the wheel with less traction is going to spin opposite the other wheel.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. How do you wreck a trail of dirt and rock and shits that's naturally there in nature? I can understand leaving the car behind is bad but other than that, what has he done?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. How do you wreck a trail of dirt and rock and shits that's naturally there in nature? I can understand leaving the car behind is bad but other than that, what has he done?

Leaving the car behind blocks the trail (wrecks the trail), and leaving the car in a National Forrest is illegal dumping.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is a transfer case thing. Front wheels being pulled forward making the rears turn backwards. I could be wrong.

He has a limited-slip differential.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim
A front or rear LSD should cause the wheels to rotate in the same direction, not sure about a limited slip transfer case.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I guess MYOB is a thing of the past A huge fine and jail time? give me a fuckin break.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#49]
The idiots towing it in gear only had 3 IQ points on the moron that left it there.  Actually, since there were more than 3 of them involved - it's a wash.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim
A front or rear LSD should cause the wheels to rotate in the same direction, not sure about a limited slip transfer case.

I don't know either. I thought a limited slip diff would cause one wheel to rotate in the opposite direction if only the other tire was on the ground. The AWD is something I know nothing about.
I think he was riding the brake too hard, not keeping it in gear. It's hard to tell from the audio on the video.

Jim
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top