Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2002 1:41:32 PM EDT
Ever since i can remember I've had puffy nipples or "bitchtits" caused by hard tissue behind my nips, even now when I can bench 315 and my chest is a rock. It really hurts when you have worked your ass off in the gym for years, but you can't take your shirt off at the beach or for your girl. I'm 21 and still in my prime, so I decided to talk to a plastic surgon. It turns out I have gynecomastia, along with about 40% of all men. The surgical operation will cost $3,500, but after living with this shame all my life, I will not think twice about the cost. If you have this problem or know someone who does, check out gynecomastia.org.

thanks for your support
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW!!!!!!

And I thought my Blue Balls were bad!!

Thanks dude, I feel much better now.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess those steroids paid off. Seen a movie like that, you can go to therapy. How does it go? "His name is Robert Paulson."
GG
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
SHTFman, I don't know about that 40% figure, but it is a lot more common than most people think.  You're lucky that you have it now.  I knew a bunch of guys that lifted about 40 years ago that had that problem, but they didn't have any choise but to live with it.  The $3.5K estimate sounds like too much.  It's a simple procedure, and I even knew a couple of guys that had a vet do it for them without problem.  Definitely look around before paying that much.  The last two friends I had that had this procedure done paid about $600.  They had it done outpatient while awake.  One friend that had this done a few years ago, had to pay about $2,500 because he had to be put under due to the amount of tissue that had to be removed.  To put the $3.5K in perspective, one local pro-body builder recently had this procedure done by a top surgeon in LA for $5K.  Again, $3.5K sounds like too much for an average cosmetic surgeon.  Also, make sure the doctor makes the incision on the nipple since it isn't prone to scarring.  The skin there also heals faster.  Also, many insurance plans will cover this procedure.  There have been a couple of studies that show the incidence of male breast cancer is greatly reduced by the procedure.  See if you can get your doctor to play that card.  Another card to play is if it is uneven.  You might be able to get insurance to pay for one side and pay the other one out of your pocket.  If your insurance company won't cover it, you might want to wait until you have a plan that does.

You might be able to wait it out.  I've seen several guys that had a screwed-up estrogen:testosterone ratio when they were in their late teens or on Vitamin S, and they got much better with time.  On paper I read on this claimed that for teenagers, this problem gets better in 95% of the cases within 1-3 years.  I know you're 21, but that isn't that much older.  Also, have your liver, adrenal gland, and thyroid checked if you're serious about this.  Gyno can be an indication of a problem with any of those.  You said it's hard so there is definitely something causing it.  An endocrinologist, while expensive, could be useful.  If you know any guys on steroids, you might want to ask them who they recommend to go to.  If you smoke tobacco or (especially) marijuana, stop immediately.

Since you said you're embarrassed to take your shirt off at the beach, here's a hint: Preparation H.  I've seen guys use that before competitions.  Also, about 20 mg/day, then back down as you can, of Nolvadex will reduce the symptoms.  I don't recommend that, but I've seen it work.  I don't personally know anyone taking Cytadren, but I've heard second-hand that it works a little better.

SHTFman, on any drugs that you think could make this problem worse?  A friend was taking Proscar, and it made him grow so much, his wife wanted to try taking it [:)].

Feel free to post back any detail you think you need to add.  Someone here might be able to help.z
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.gynecomastia.org/images/gynoshots/george1.jpg[/img]

[shock]

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
that picture above is nasty. i think.

edited to add: remember when guys would say, "Man, if i had tits i'd stay home all the time!" or something like that. well......
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
my brother has bigger tits than me and hes 6 years younger.

hes probably a B cup.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
my brother has bigger tits than me and hes 6 years younger.

hes probably a B cup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top