Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2002 10:27:48 AM EDT
Do you ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS??????

Japan is even nice enough to allow US military on their land........

WE KICKED JAPANS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!JAPAN HAD NO CHOICE ON WEATHER OR NOT TO "ALLOW" THE US INTO JAPAN.WE WERE COMING ANYWAY...TO TAKE YOUR "HOMELAND" AND KILL ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!
YOU SHOULD BE BLESSED FOLKS LIKE MY GRANDFATHER WEREN'T ORDERD TO INVADE THE HOME ISLAND OF JAPAN;HE AND HIS FELLOW SOLDIERS WERE GONNA WIPE ALL OF JAPAN OFF THE MAP.

BTW,Paul,this is NOT a racial statement;he just burned my ass with that statement.AND I'm NOT ashamed of my comments.Citadel DESERVES to have his ass kicked.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]
And the problem is? Considering the wretchedly ungrateful BS that Graffiti guy was spewing, it seems appropriate.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Citadel, Japan is even nice enough to allow US military on their land........

Citadel Posted that comment NOT Grafitti

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
True Paul.HOWEVER that's only because WE GAVE thier country BACK to them!!WE occupied Japan.JAPAN HAD NO CHOICE!!!They SHOULD be kissing our ass for allowing them to live.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Citadel, Japan is even nice enough to allow US military on their land........

Citadel Posted that comment NOT Grafitti

View Quote

No, Graffiti did, only addressing Citadel. It's right here... 5th post from the bottom

Quoted:
CitadelGrad, Japan was defeated and they admit it, they became an ally.  So why continue bullying Japan and its people?  Japan is even nice enough to allow US military on their land.  You might believe that they should be honored for having such a strong military protecting their land.  But trust me, Japan does not want foreign military bases on their precious land.  Besides, Japan has capable JSDF to protect its people.  You can't expect fair trade or whatever, when this country has not even returned whats rightfully their's.      
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#6]
MY BAD.Citadel I appologize for charging you with that comment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Paul, that's one way to look at it. I prefer to look at it thusly:

Nice enough? Do you know where Japan would be with out us, the old USofA? The smallest fucking province of the Russian empire!

Nobody has ever been as generous to defeated foes as the US has been to Germany and Japan. After the war the Russians occupied part of Germany, but we kept them out of Japan, calling their bluff to move forces in.

Without going into detail it is only in recent years that the Japanese Self Defense Forces have had the capability of truly defending the home islands. When the war ended they put everything into the economy, deciding that defense would be restricted to a relative amount based on I think one percent of GDP. By defending them with those bases we allowed their economy to grow FAR MORE than it would have otherwise, in addition to all the other preferable trade policies, artificial Korean War boom from us buying there, etc.

And if they want us to leave all they have to do really is ask. Same with the Saudis. We are there to maintain the peace in Asia, especially as the Japanese and Koreans don't always get along so well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
And if they want us to leave all they have to do really is ask.

they're too SCARED/smart for that..they KNOW that they would get thier ASS kicked by ANYONE who wanted to attack them.Japan STILL needs USA
support.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#9]
They don't want us to leave.
When I was in Camp Hansen, the Japanese were nice enough to build the Marines a $15 million Gym.
They love us there.
Don't let a small, but vocal minority confuse the issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top