Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2002 9:27:58 AM EDT
Now that Tasco is out of the scope buisness where do you see their products going?

I have the same opinion as many, Smith and Wesson's "new" optics line will more than likely be the old Tasco line. What's your opinion?

Jake
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've said before, I'm glad to see Tasco going away.  I'll miss their red dot sights and SS scopes, but the rest of their line was mostly crap.

S&W is trying to diversify into other paraphernalia to try to boost their sagging bottom line.  I guess they see Harley Davidson raking in more money from their branded merchandise than their motorcycles, and want to follow suit.

Unfortunately everything with the S&W name on it, aside from guns, is the worst kind of crap, and I won't even consider buying anything they're trying to push.  

Looks like another legendary American brand name is being turned into a crack whore.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Being recently [i]retired[/i] I was unaware; do you have any links, related stories?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=117323[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top