Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2002 6:02:37 PM EDT
Can anybody tell me what the hell this guy is talking about,this is not illegal in NJ????
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4042827[/url]

This is the e-mail he sent me:
To: John
Thanks for your order.
Since we did not know where the shipping address was but only
after the transaction, and after I checked with two Federal Arm
Dealers from the state of NJ. We cannot ship this item in the state
of NJ. I am sorry for the inconvinience that this may have cause.
Please go the Paypal and initiate a refund in the amount of $98.00
and I will O.K it promptly. Thanks andrew

[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-05-12/Renaissance_International_1021480476_DSCF0057.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
WOH that looks cool. I want one.

I know in CA that forward grips are illegal. Maybe its the same in NJ?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!

It's an EVIL Assault Grip. How dare you post such dangerous photos here.

Dude that thing could go off at any moment.

Nobody can responsibly own something like that. The threat to the surrounding community is too great.

Be glad you have legislation in your area that protects it's citizens from such dangerous items.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
jrzy,
where the hell did you think you lived .... "America"?  
dont let this happen again..

Ps

I need to see your papers pls...

edited to add ************

We all know how annoying them there "lasers" are at the local Movie places...
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I know the laser is legal,and I know the front grip is legal because the thompson in semi auto is def legal,because before i got mine I had to call the state police and make sure.
[img]http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976241701-1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see how it would be illegal. The closest thing I know of crime-wise is that it's I believe a third degree offense to point a laser aiming sight at a police officer while in the execution of their duty. If not actively on duty, it is a crime on fourth degree....however I've found NOTHING about possession. I'm dropping by my FFL tomorrow to pick up my new Bushy (first AR-15!!!), so I'll ask them if they know...
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Well it looks.....illegal !
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that a laser pointer on that?? I clicked the link-- it don't work. Will that fit standard foregrips?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I fixed the link ,I think.
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4042827[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
jrzy, check your IM.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
That thing looks dangerous.  It's black.   Therefore it must be evil.  You might hold it in a menacing manner, or something like that.
Bad plastic, baaaad plastic.
Actually it kinda looks like a boy scout flashlight.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Jrzy -

Sounds like either (a) the seller asked two slackjawed yokels in NJ for a legal opinion, or (b) decided he wanted to keep it and try to do better than the $98 you offered for it.  Ask for a cite to NJ law or statute which prohibits it.  If he wants to cancel the transaction now, make him show why he should be released from his duty to make good on it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Jrzy -

Sounds like either (a) the seller asked two slackjawed yokels in NJ for a legal opinion, or (b) decided he wanted to keep it and try to do better than the $98 you offered for it.  Ask for a cite to NJ law or statute which prohibits it.  If he wants to cancel the transaction now, make him show why he should be released from his duty to make good on it.
View Quote

I called the guy after he sent the e-mail and to my suprise the guy is an arab with a heavy accent ,i think i'm gonna have some fun with this guy before i give up on getting the mount and grip through him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top