Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 12:48:26 PM EDT
(subtitled "George Bush...WHAT were you thinking???)

[b] John W. Magaw[/b]

Remember that name. For the NEXT time a plane is used as a guided missile to kill Americans.

Cuz he SINGLEHANDEDLY disarmed the ONLY people in the world who could stop it - trained pilots.

But you might ALSO remember his name from the past. (check out this link)

[url]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/gz-762x39.html[/url]

He is the guy that caused all the flap about Oly Arms and 7.62 x 39 ammo being armor piercing. He was director of ATF in 1994, and temporarily drove up ammo prices, and effectively banned the manufacture of 7.62 x 39 pistols (due to the ban of "armor piercing" ammo being able to be used in "pistols.")

Question is: HOW does he have ANY position in a Bush administration???

(apologies if this has already been posted)

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
g-man,
I don't understand the holdover HCI poster boys that have infiltrated the current administration either.

the fact that 'quick draw' magaw, who was responsible for the batf assault on the BoR during his tenure, and the ever-spineless, anti-gun tom ridge are heading agencies that profess 'homeland defense' with nothing but armed gov't agents and much tax dollars to protect us is a complete mystery to me.

olsen in the justice dept must be dizzy from spinning his anti-gun defense of the Constitution for so many years.  adding a liner note on a case brief (that he doesn't want the scotus to hear), saying that the 2nd now says that you MAY conditionally own firearms, even if you are not a member of a militia, does not make you a defender of the Constitution.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a test case of the BoR may come from the defense attorneys of taliban johnnie?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, G-man, call me now, if you wish!

Eric The(Bedridden)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#3]
btt...hoping for a few more responses.

Eric -

Sorry I missed your post - went to a Governors candidate forum last nite. Pretty interesting.

Hope ya feel better soon.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
"John Magaw," Bush wrote the NRA in resigning his membership, "is one of the most principled, decent men I have ever
known." Bush, who was president when Magaw was at the Secret Service, added, "He would be the last to condone the kind
of illegal behavior your ugly letter charges."
This in response to the NRAs Wayne LePierre's comments on JBTs...

Magaw was in the Secret Service for 26 years and is a favorite of the Bush family..he watched over Pres Bush and his Family...and is trusted

"Pilots need to concentrate on flying the plane," John
                                                      Magaw, undersecretary for transportation security, said
                                                      at a Senate Commerce Committee hearing Tuesday.

Magaw said specially trained air marshals should be the
                                                      only armed people on board.

(It seems to me that very few members of the ruling elite trust a population of armed peasants..maybe it makes them accountable in ways they wish to not be- imo)

Tom Ridge (of whom it is said will be the next V.P. if Cheney retires for health reasons) Does Not want armed pilots

''I don't think we want to equip our pilots with firearms,'' Ridge said
                          in an interview. ''That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.''
'Where do you stop?'' Ridge replied. If pilots carry guns, he said,
                          railroad engineers and bus drivers could ask to do the same.

Notice how the argument against arming pilots is similar to the Brady Campaigns position taken within days of the WTC attack of 09-11
[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/press/release.asp?Record=346[/url]

What one pilots association had to say
[url]http://www.transportnews.com/Article/142398[/url]

A new pilots association..grass roots support for armed pilots
[url]http://www.secure-skies.org/[/url]

Of our fearless leaders (perpetually playing to a leftist media) only a handful support armed pilots...how many therefore support armed citizens??........
All of our leaders need to have their feet held to the fire lest they stray from the course they espoused when elected....

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]''I don't think we want to equip our pilots with firearms,'' Ridge said
in an interview. ''That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.''
'Where do you stop?'' Ridge replied. If pilots carry guns, he said,
railroad engineers and bus drivers could ask to do the same.[/b]

didnt trust this fool when i first saw him either. and whats wrong with bus drivers and railroad engineers carrying guns???? hell, everyone here (VT) already does. [b] WHERE DO YOU STOP MR. RIDGE??? HERE IS THE ANSWER: YOU DONT FUCKING STOP!  [/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top