Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 9:39:36 AM EDT
As if we didn't know this, now it is official!

[size=4]Chandra Levy's death deemed a homicide[/size=4]
May 28, 2002 Posted: 12:29 PM EDT (1629 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Washington's medical examiner said Tuesday that Chandra Levy's death was a homicide, but exactly how she died may always be a mystery.

"It is possible we will never know specifically the injury that caused her death," D.C. Medical Examiner Jonathan Arden said in a news conference.

The announcement confirmed what authorities already suspected about Levy, whose skeletal remains were found in Washington's Rock Creek Park Wednesday -- along with a sweatshirt, sneakers and a Sony Walkman tape player in an area thick with underbrush -- by a man walking his dog.

"The circumstances of her disappearance and her discovery -- having been secluded in the park and taking into account the personal effects that were found at the scene -- allows me to conclude that her death was homicidal in nature," he said.

He said the condition of the remains was consistent with the time of her disappearance last year, but he couldn't determine whether Levy died at the scene or if her body was taken there.

The announcement, which opens the door to a formal homicide investigation by the Washington Police Department, preceded a scheduled memorial service Tuesday in Levy's hometown of Modesto, California.

The service is set to start at 11 a.m. PDT (2 p.m. EDT) at Modesto Centre Plaza, the largest indoor venue in the city. About 1,500 chairs have been set up for the service, but organizers say they're prepared to handle an overflow crowd.

Parents Robert and Susan Levy are expected to make their first public appearance since their daughter's death was confirmed last week.

Ingmar Guandique, a 22-year-old laborer from El Salvador, is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the assaults, one of which occurred two weeks after Levy's disappearance.

The search for Levy drew massive publicity largely because of her connection to Rep. Gary Condit, D-California.

Her family and police sources say the two had an affair, but the lawmaker has publicly acknowledged only a friendship and refused to describe it further. Police sources said he confirmed a romantic relationship with Levy during one interview with investigators.

See article at:[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/28/chandra.levy/index.html[/url]

Eric The(Book'Em,Danno!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh.  I thought she just fell over and died while jogging through the park, and happened to stumble and fall all the way to a spot where no one would find her for a year!

Boy.  Do I feel stupid!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
i dont know what it is. but i believe that smug sonofabitch Condit might have something to do with this. my money is on him as either the main cause of her death, or that he might have had someone do it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I grew up right around the corner from that cocksucker in Ceres CA. Went to high school with several of his kids. (Katy, Buck, Chad)

A real arrogant family!

-T.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
There's no way that you can conceal an obvious conclusion from the Washington DC Police.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm.  And I suspected she buried herself in that shallow grave!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you think she tied herself up with her panty hose before or after she buried herself?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
No Shit
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Chanda, Murdered...Say it ain't so.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Why should we care about a dead Mossad agent? [>:/][flame][rolleyes][thinking][whacko]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#12]
eswanson, hopefully you don't need a flame-suit to express an opinion like that around here.  We have as much proof of your guess as for anything else.  I agree with your opinion.  I think Condit would have handled the situation better if he had done it.  He handled the situation so poorly, I thought he just had to be clueless as to what really happened.z
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I think he handled it so badly because he was guilty. He just didn't think that anyone else knew much about his affair with Chandra, so he wasn't prepared for the spotlight!

I think he's guilty as Hell.

But that shouldn't be enough to convince a jury!

Or even a prosecutor to consider filing charges.

Eric The(InMyGuts,IKnowHe'sNuts!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't think Vince...I mean Chandra was murdered...it was suicide....
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's no way that you can conceal an obvious conclusion from the Washington DC Police.
View Quote

Still waiting for them to figure out that they can reduce crime by repealing unconstitutional gun laws.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[flame suit on]

I'll go on record right now with my opinion that this was a random act of violence and that Condit had nothing to do with it.  I was firmly in the "Condit had it done" camp until they found the body.  She was apparently dressed in jogging clothes with her running pants knotted as if they'd been used to tie her up.  I bet she was attacked while jogging, tied up, raped, and stabbed or strangled.  

[/flame suit on]
View Quote

Only problem with that is that everyone that knew chandra (friends and family) have said repeatedly that Chandra never had an interest in jogging, nor was she inclined to do it.  The only person putting that theory out is the Condit camp, alibi maybe?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#18]
There's no such thing as a 'random act of violence', there's always a reason.  Even rape would be a motive.  A mugger would've taken the walkman.

I think Condit hired someone who was somewhat inept at their job to kill her and he tried to make it look like a 'random act of violence'.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[flame suit on]

I'll go on record right now with my opinion that this was a random act of violence and that Condit had nothing to do with it.  I was firmly in the "Condit had it done" camp until they found the body.  She was apparently dressed in jogging clothes with her running pants knotted as if they'd been used to tie her up.  I bet she was attacked while jogging, tied up, raped, and stabbed or strangled.  

[/flame suit on]
View Quote

I personally think way myself. I never let my children walk in the street etc while wearing one of those headsets, someone could pounce on you, and you would not realize it until it was way too late. The element of surprise is quite great. I will be willing to bet she wanted to take one last jog before she left DC to go back to Calif., and an attacker surprised her.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]
The old adage:  If you live freaky you die freaky holds true yet another time.

Maybe she was murdered because she was pregnant.

The perfect hit X 2.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Murdered? What? Really? No Way!?!?!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#22]
It was murder but the DC police don't know how she died...................

Now the DC police wouldn't be holding back a little info would they ?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Anybody know the whereabouts of OJ?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The old adage:  If you live freaky you die freaky holds true yet another time.
View Quote

I hadn't heard that one. I guess you learn something new every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top