Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 6:04:07 PM EDT
from [url]www.townhall.com[/url]
Pat Buchanan (archive)
May 27, 2002 The 'no-whites-need-apply' Caucus
Last month, an intriguing little congressional pow-wow was clandestinely held -- no press invited -- in the Northern Virginia town of Leesburg. It was a three-day conference, and attendance appears to have been restricted by ethnicity and race.
But this was not a gathering of the Leesburg chapter of the White Citizens Council. It was a conclave of three
congressional caucuses -- the Black Caucus, the Hispanic Caucus and the Asia Pacific Caucus. And the invitation list appears to have been made up with one provision in mind:
No whites need apply.
As described in a front-page story in The New York Times, the goal of this "tri-caucus retreat" was to "create an atmosphere of understanding among groups that have often felt pitted against one another for resources and recognition." But as the caucuses claim to represent only Americans of African, Asian and Hispanic descent, just
what were they uniting for, and who are they uniting against?
Now since the Democratic Party has been fairly described as a "collection of warring tribes that has come together in anticipation of common plunder," and all attendees were Democrats, there was lots of talk of a joint looting expedition at the expense of taxpayers.
Attendees pointed to their common front on the $175 billion farm bill, where the Black Caucus demanded an expansion of the food stamp program, and the Hispanic Caucus demanded restoration of food stamps for immigrants. Apparently, they had jointly triumphed.
Another "shining example" of collusion was in Texas, where Hispanics and blacks joined forces to nominate Tony Sanchez for governor and African-American Ron Kirk for Senate. Capturing the seats lately held by George W. Bush and Phil Gramm for a Hispanic and an African American would apparently be real progress.
But all this raises a question: If it is acceptable for blacks and Hispanics to collude to seize power from white Americans, why is it a violation of civil rights for whites to collude to increase their representation in legislatures at the expense of minorities? If the latter is racism, why is the former progress?
The closer one reads Lynette Clemetson's Times' story, the more it appears this Leesburg summit was not about the politics of aiding the poor and powerless against the
rich and powerful. This secret summit was about how folks of Third World ancestry can join forces to seize power and resources from white America.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction is a law of Newtonian physics. The same is true in politics. If it has become acceptable for caucuses that represent people of color to join against America's white majority, look for white folks to begin to identify themselves by race, rather than party or philosophy, to preserve what they have.
Has The New York Times considered the consequences of what its reporter seems to be celebrating?

cont...

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
All, however, was not harmony at Leesburg. Seems thatlast January, Latino businessman broke away from the National Minority Auto Dealers Association to form the National Hispanic Auto Dealers Association.Reported without comment. Can one imagine the Times' reaction to a Euro-American Auto Dealers Association?
As Clemetson's story runs on, the Spirit of Leesburg began to reveal itself in the entertainment: "Audience members sat rapt as Sarah Jones, a socially conscious writer and actress ... slipped in and out of accents to portray characters from a Mexican-American labor organizer to a new immigrant from Haiti who scolded listeners: 'God bless America, but not because of you. Remember, your ancestors came here, too.'" Would it be impertinent to ask who "you" is? And if this us-versus-them racial rhetoric is acceptable at a Third World caucus-coalition, why is it a hate crime for
white folks? Nor was this the end of the fun. Writes Clemetson: "Beau Sea, a
Chinese-American slam poet from Oklahoma, raised eyebrows with his confrontational number, 'The Asians are coming':
"We are everywhere
We are programming your Websites
Making your executives look smart
And getting into your schools -- for free
And you know what?
It's only gonna get bigger."
Middle America, hello. From what went down at Leesburg, it is clear the old idea of integration and assimilation, of one nation and one people, is giving way among elites of color to a racial and ethnic spoils system. And as "Anglos" are a minority in California already and soon to be a minority in Texas, perhaps they should start asking what kind of country it is going to be when they are outnumbered nationwide by mid-century.

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
[puke][:K]  

They are as repugnant for doing it, as Buchannan (SP) is for making an issue of it, as you are for posting it here....

I wish we could send all the race based assholes in this country to one area, and let them, hate each other out.....Hows about Kalifornia?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[puke][:K]  

They are as repugnant for doing it, as Buchannan (SP) is for making an issue of it, as you are for posting it here....
View Quote

Sorry, you're right. If we ignore the issue it will go away.

[img]http://www.twaze.com/aolpix/ostrich.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks but we have enough problems. Who cares what skin color or where people come from? I'm more concerned about their voting record.
View Quote

How do we get that group mentioned in the article to vote Republican?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I didnt mean to infer anyone should ignore anything. I meant to infer "posting it [b]here[/b]....

IMHO, demokratunderground is where one goes to find consoling ears to race biased based issues. They are in touch with their feelings. This is a gun board. I thought SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Fav Gun, etc is all a part of what we discuss. And OT issues such as "How do I build bomb shelters", "Help me fix my pos Ford". etc were all in context.

IMHO, just like I told gman and ETH in a ocked post the other day, their constant Pro/Anti Israeli banter does nothing but divide the board, is [:K] and should be treated as such. Racism is a tool of the ignorant, please dont feed the trools....

Key words in this were "here", and "IMHO"...

Only Black topics here should be Black rifle. Anything less is really undignified...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
thats what the rifle forums are for. This forum is for offering different points of view, pics of your supper, rants, raves and whatever else fits inside the container that is the acceptible use policy. I don;t agree with everything that is posted here, but debate and discussion is good for things. If offers new perpectives and solidifies some that we already have.

I personally learn much from posts like the one above. Had I not read it here I would be unaware it had occured. Know your enemy. By that, I do mean the liberals, no matter what color they may be.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Racism is a tool of the ignorant, please dont feed the trools....

View Quote

Do you think Buchanan's article is "racist"? I see it as exposing a double standard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Wierd!!!I thought this was "general discussion(non-weapon discussion) am I in the wrong place?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Question for the Mods: Do you see posts such as this one as violating any of the forum conduct guidelines?

Specifically:

2d) No inappropriate topics. This includes all of the above and further covers topic titles of a racial nature, sexual nature, or violent nature. (This applies to animal cruelty as well.)
View Quote

Does that we shouldn't discuss race relations and racial issues, or that (and this is what I'm assuming it means) I shouldn't post things like "I hate ___insert slur here____"?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought this was going to be about the University of Michigan's admissions policies.

For the record: it certainly is not "repugnant" to let people know what's being done in their names by those in Washington, especially when it can be seen as being counter to their interests. Thanks Al.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wierd!!!I thought this was "general discussion(non-weapon discussion) am I in the wrong place?
View Quote

He said "IMHO" (in my honest opinion).

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Cav Vet, I don't know why you have such a problem with people talking openly and honestly about race issues. But you've bitched and whined about it for what seems like forever. Didn't you say you were going to leave at one point? This IS a general discussion forum. Why is every social issue ok, except the ones you disagree with? It would be one thing if you had anything to bring to the debate, but all you do is complain. So who's the real troll here?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, Paul.
I'm in total agreement with you on that.

The thing about double standards and racism is starting to wear thin.
What was, WAS.
What IS, needs some quick and effective repair.
What it's gonna be, won't be, until somebody with a brain in their head and the ability to "reach" all the people gets ahold of the Deck and burns ALL the Race Cards.

I ran this stuff by my wife and suggested that if we gave everyone at that caucus an AR15 and a free ticket to the BRC, we'd sway 50% and 'infect' the other 50%.
She suggested we all donate an AR15 'to the cause'...[rolleyes]
I told her THAT wouldn't fly to well! [:D]

Well, we'll just have to keep working on this problem, won't we?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#16]
McMuffin......Allow me to quote myself...
Quoted:
I wish we could send all the race based assholes in this country to one area, and let them, hate each other out.....Hows about Kalifornia?
View Quote

I dont have a problem with "people talking openly and honestly about race issues". However, we are all educated here, and understand the term 'appropriate'. Perhaps you can find a more appropriate place to discuss race at demokratunderground. A better place to get a compassionate, understanding, someone-in-touch with themselves ear. A place to share thoughts of diversity, a place to dream of a utopia, IF thats what you really want. Or perhaps assaultweb may be another place to discuss how bad the asians, blacks and hispanics are making America for you.

AR15.com is a [b]BIG[/b] board, as boards go, and has a lot of responsible people. Is the class of people that need to constantly stir the proverbial sheeyat needed here? Is Black & White, Israel & Palestinian relations something that we need to go over and over and constantly start flames and divide this board over? Racism is a toy for little minds and the constant racial banter is a very destructive area that is best taken elsewhere. Thats just my humble opinion...

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He said "IMHO" (in my honest opinion).

View Quote

I figured it was his honest opinion...   I didn't think he was jerkin' our chain...   Dude!!  I'm on your side here...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#18]
You take a very intolerant stance on this subject CavVet. Perhaps you need to allow other people to post their opinions without trying to have them censured or sent to some concentration camp that you would design for those who don't have your mind set.

The first thing you do is demonize your enemy with derogotory lables like racebased assholes, or Jewish animals, or gypsy thieves, eh comrad? Then nobody kicks up much of a fuss when you put them on the train that only goes oneway. SEIG HEIL!

IMHO, of course.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ahhh - Segregation.  Nah it's been done to death.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top