Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2011 4:25:58 PM EDT
So back in November I got a speeding ticket in some middle of nowhere town, 3 hours 45 minutes away from home, while working. I got home, called them up, and was told that if I mailed in a payment, the ticket would be kept from my DMV record under a state first offender law. Today I was looking at my insurance renewal quote and realized my insurance was going up by $50 a month due to this ticket which was allegedly not going to be reported.

Instead of a traffic court with an actual judge, this town has a"Mayor's court," where the Mayor acts as the judge. I could cal town hall tomorrow morning, but they were no help the first time. So, I figure my only other option is to call the Mayor directly. So I dug up his home phone number. My question for the hive is should I call the Mayor on his red phone and interrupt dinner? Or should I just wait and call the town hall tomorrow so I can have my problem remain unresolved?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Call him tonight. If he doesn't like it then he needs to take it out on the courthouse drones tomorrow. If they were doing their job, the mayor's dinner wouldn't have been interrupted....
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Call him tonight. If he doesn't like it then he needs to take it out on the courthouse drones tomorrow. If they were doing their job, the mayor's dinner wouldn't have been interrupted....

That was my thought exactly!
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends who you are.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Motherfucker works for you, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't interrupt his dinner, that's not polite.

Instead, give him plenty of time to finish.  Call him about 2:30AM.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It depends who you are.

+1...I grew up in a SMALL town and the mentality is worse then big time politicians. Not only do you get fucked by their kangaroo courts in small towns but your liable to get taken out back and really fucked, think Deliverance style. lol

Quoted:

Reading is fundamental. The OP doesnt live in the town he got the ticket in. So he has no association with the Mayor nor that town.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Instead, give him plenty of time to finish.  Call him about 2:30AM.

I just told my girlfriend your reply. She said I'd be interrupting him having sex with his wife. I told her "That motherfuker is 65 years old. He ain't fucking shit."
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It depends who you are.

+1...I grew up in a SMALL town and the mentality is worse then big time politicians. Not only do you get fucked by their kangaroo courts in small towns but your liable to get taken out back and really fucked, think Deliverance style. lol

Yeah. This town only had 1140 residents as of the 2000 census.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Post his number and let ARFcom be your lawyer(s).
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't. But I couldn't see it going well once he figures out who you are, and why you are calling.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It probably won't make him rule in your favor, but it could be entertaining. Go for it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Post his number and let ARFcom be your lawyer(s).

Organize a telephonic "Free BDWILLIAMS!" protest?

By the way, this town is a total speed trap. The limit drops from 65 to 45 on the so-called highway which run through it, and the one town cop is sitting behind the hill, just past the sign, with a mullet, aviator glasses, and an 80's vintage radar gun, waiting for passers through. I'm no LEO basher, but this town is literally a speed trap.

ETA: The "highway" doesn't even run through town, just the outskirts. The portion where it is limited to 45MPH is nothing but the same farmland I'd been driving past for the last 2 hours. If I had seen a single fucking building for miles I would have been watching for speed limit signs. Before someone flames, yeah, I was speeding, but it was still a trap, and they still told me they'd keep it off my record.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It depends who you are.

Quoted:

Reading is fundamental. The OP doesnt live in the town he got the ticket in. So he has no association with the Mayor nor that town.

My bad.  I blame it on the loud and intense conversation some of my co-workers are having about liposuction.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Dibs on guns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dibs on guns.

Is officer Mulletor gonna drive 3.75 hours in his 91 Crown Vic to come shoot my dog? I hope not. Though it would be hilarious to watch that 25 year old Ruger P85 of his jam up on him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Important additional info: Officer Mulletor was blonde and did have a sweet '80's stache. Also, a ton of crumpled napkins and one of these on his dash which appeared to be approximately 10 years old:

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Call tomorrow.

A pissed-off Mayor in "Mayor's court"... gee, I wonder how he'll decide?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]
My girlfriend says we're not screwing tonight if I interrupt the mayor's dinner. She also hasn't cooked dinner yet. Should I just eat PB&J while fapping?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It depends who you are.

Quoted:

My bad.  I blame it on the loud and intense conversation some of my co-workers are having about liposuction.

Its all good.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My girlfriend says we're not screwing tonight if I interrupt the mayor's dinner. She also hasn't cooked dinner yet. Should I just eat PB&J while fapping?

Post a pic of girlfriend and I'll answer that for you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Im SO IN for the outcome of this lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Instead, give him plenty of time to finish. Call him about 2:30AM.

2:30?

I guess you are giving him time to "finish".

Dessert.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#23]
PLAY the game, don't BE the game...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Call the mayor and eject on the girl if you wanna win tonight.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It depends who you are.

Speaking of Dinner:

If you don't have pictures or know someone who does, or if you're not a very highly placed "official," then...

You're about to get home cooked if you make that call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top