More of a lurker on this site but thought this was too funny to pass up

Some people should get a life

http://www.detnews.com/2002/entertainment/0205/18/d01-492788.htm

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.detnews.com/2002/entertainment/0205/18/d01-492788.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Why doesn't anyone get upset with the racial stereotypes in a Wayans Brother's, or Spike Lee flick?
Next thing you know, they'll be bitching about how Yoda makes fun of midgets, or something like that.
[soapbox]

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That is really funny! These people are great. We need to have a comedy hour devoted to these numb-skulls. Except some idiots would take them serious.

You know the Mexican thing does make sense. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
In any event, Guzman doubts most Hispanics will notice, if only "because they're so used to seeing images like that of themselves -- little dialogue, always being the bad guy. It's going to take the intellectual community to call Lucas on what he's doing."
View Quote

Strange how an article trying to call someone else racist implies Hispanics are not part of the "intellectual community." [%|]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem is with people who happen to notice something, decide it's wrong, and start preaching about it before they stop and think how ridiculous they will seem.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well fuck! If Lucas had used only white actors, all of these groups would be bithcing about the lack of ethnic diversity in the cast.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
well fuck, try LIVING AND WORKING in DMZtroit, this city was given up in the 60's, it's an effing shithole.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
What happened?, did Yoda call Mace Windu a Ni@@er, or what?
GG
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
They forgot the fact that the Stormtroopers and the Empire are all KKK. -You know, white head to toe. . ..

-Justin
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't someone complain that Episode 1 was bias too? Like the way Jar Jar spoke was too much like "mush mouth" from Fat Albert.

I think that it's totally bogus. Number one, I had pegged Jango for Polynesian from the previews, and was right. And his character is not evil, he's nuetral. Sort of like Han Solo but just happened to work for the other side. Bottom line, if you pay his price, you'll get his services. And being that he was the mold for these genetically superior clones, I would think that implies the opposite message as this article.

BTW, Episode 2 ROCKS! See it in a 100% digital theater if you can. Lucas finally put the series back on track. No more fuzzy wuzzies or bumbling amphibious idiots.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well fuck! If Lucas had used only white actors, all of these groups would be bithcing about the lack of ethnic diversity in the cast.
View Quote

Exactly. Give all these "stereotyped" and supposed negatively portrayed roles only to white actors and they'd still be flipping out. There are going to be such characters... I guess the question is whether hispanics want them?

Of course that's not really fair, because minority actors do fight for these roles, it's just the "community activists" that look for things to be offended about.

When I was a kid everyone wanted to be Boba Fett... why in the hell is he considered that way by these idiots...
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually I though Ep.1 was full of racial stereotypes.  The trade council were very asian, watto was very jewish, the jar jars were very Fat Albert.  In the first three films the Empire was very German.  I don't really care, I just noticed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://members.aol.com/nodnarbjh/amishyoda.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#15]
ET was a very racially biased movie, too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Meesa no like da white man.
Meesa think he a bad doo-doo.
Kill sa Whitey!
[img]http://www.galaxyfaraway.com/gallery/Prequels/Jar_Jar_and_the_Gungans/jar.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#17]
roots has all the others nailed. That miniseries has to have been the most racist show in history. What actually "showing" bla...oh sorry "african americans" in slavery. shudder!!!

and any vietnam war flic. they portray those poor defenceless people in a very bad way. Even though I never fought in vietnam and have no fuckin clue what im talkin about im still sure that it wasn't "as bad" as the movies portray. Those movies such as "We were soldiers" need to go away. Thier makers should be ashamed. After all it was those poor innocent VC that were the "victims" of it all [rolleyes]

and don't forget barney. he's racist aswell. Why? becuase this certain liberal holier than thou dipshit said he is. And bless God if I say that its racist than its racist.

the NRA is racist. why? becuase they have a WHITE guy for a leader. OMFG doesn't everyone know by now that we have to bow down and worship the holy minority groups and allow them to rule everything? [rolleyes]

AR15's are racist becuase they are black and all guns are bad and the AR15's black color throws a bad shadow towards "african americans"

hell were all racist becuase we don't bow down and lick the fuckin asses of the minorities.

well I got a message for the libvs and the minorities GO FUCK OFF! you all can kiss my WHITE PROUD, non racist, gun totin, patriotic, right wing, republican ASS!

if you want special treatment then your gonna get alot of special pain. hrmmm sounds like a good sig line dontcha think>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top