Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2002 6:48:01 AM EDT
This makes my blood boil... Man kills thousands of dogs for $10 each.  There must be a better way than this.

[url]http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-147423520020522-080538.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Satellite images showed animal bones strewn about the property.
View Quote

WoW!

Don't bury anyone on your property.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Satellite images showed animal bones strewn about the property.
View Quote

WoW!

Don't bury anyone on your property.
View Quote

It must has been a big pile or area to show up on a satellite image. Most commerical satellite images have a resolution of one to two meters.

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
POINT-In this remark, I will show why I make Ronald Reagan and Rush look like liberals....

"Alabama authorities say they're considering criminal charges against Rhodes if any of the animals underwent severe pain or were tortured."

If he did torture etc.,he was a moron who deserves like treatment, but the Liberal system wont even give him what he WOULD deserve would that be true.

I dont see muchpain or torture. I picture a small caliber to the brain. .35 cent bullet, 9.65 profit per animal. Capitalism is a GREAT thing....

Maybe it's a double standard, but I can't accept treating dogs like chickens.
View Quote

I can. If you kill it, EAT IT. Use it, do something with it besides just killing it. The Humane Society gasses a boat load of dogs every year, not a drop of them used for any good. Is that morally better or worse? I say hell no, same immoral(<---key conservative term) result.

An animal dead for convienance, without use. Round them all up, put them on a boat, and send them ANYWHERE the people will eat them/use them for whatever. We Americans are so wasteful, and will have to answer for this someday.

Put down the PETA brochure, open up a good book (Martha Stewarts Best Recipies FOR your pet) and Preheat that oven to 425....

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
"Humane Society" animal shelters kill millions of unwanted dogs and cats every year.  Nothing different about this except the method.

Don't get me wrong, greyhounds are beautiful dogs, but even if they'd gone to the "proper authorities" 99% of them would have still been killed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I have a plan.  Let's reclaim the entire Middle East and convert it into a retirement ranch for unwanted dogs.  I think that would be a much better use of the real estate.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Point taken.  I agree.  I hadn't been thinking about the conditions they were forced to live under.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Truthfully, I don't see where this guy did anything wrong. If he hadn't put a bullet in their head for $10 then they would have been euthanized with a needle by someone else for twenty.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top