Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 5:45:34 PM EDT
I've seen so many posts from people all over this board about how there were people gathered outside the WH before the announcement was made, how there were spontaneously thousands of people rallied at different schools, and that theres no way any of it could have been legitimate. It all had to be liberal propaganda.

Are you out of your fucking mind? Were you sitting there with no idea what the announcement was going to be up until the second the words left his mouth? People knew for at least an hour before the actual announcement. Is it that hard to believe that in the days of social media, a group of people could assemble outside of the WH? All it takes is one person going down there and posting it on twitter and facebook and within minutes thousands of people can know about it.

Try for once to take it for what it really is rather than some bullshit conspiracy. If a bunch of ARFCOMmers are incapable of thinking that for just one night people can set their political views aside and rally together, as Americans and nothing else, to celebrate bringing down OBL, then you are exactly what the fuck is wrong with this country.

I was at one on our campus last night. Was it a bunch of people waving fucking Obama flags? No. More than anything, I saw Bush stickers and heard "Thank you Bush" chants. Were there people there that voted for Obama? Sure. But is it that fucking hard to believe that for once, everyone was just proud to be American?

99% of the people out there had perfectly good intentions. Where I was, I talked to a cop and he said there was no violence or anything but peaceful celebration. But this is all a big conspiracy? Fuck you
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you but you are not preaching to the choir. ARFCOM GD is like fox news headquarters.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I may despise Obama, but I think the mobs were spontaneous.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm with you but you are not preaching to the choir. ARFCOM GD is like fox news headquarters.

I understand that, but even people I saw as level headed conservatives were all over this saying that the rallies had to be a conspiracy because there was no way it could happen. Reality check, it did

ETA: And Hiram, from what I saw for the 2 hours I was there it had absolutely nothing to do with praising Obama and everything to do with America. Praising men and women in uniform, honoring the dead with a moment of silence, it wasn't about Obama at all
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand that, but even people I saw as level headed conservatives were all over this saying that the rallies had to be a conspiracy because there was no way it could happen. Reality check, it did

ETA: And Hiram, from what I saw for the 2 hours I was there it had absolutely nothing to do with praising Obama and everything to do with America. Praising men and women in uniform, honoring the dead with a moment of silence, it wasn't about Obama at all

People have become extremely skeptical, that's all.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Calling it a flashmob is not the same as calling it a conspiracy.

And fuck you too. Lack of class takes all forms.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that, and I am too. But in this day and age it's getting a little ridiculous, like the McCarthyism of our time. There wasn't a communist under every rock then, and there isn't a liberal conceived conspiracy under every rock now
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Calling it a flashmob is not the same as calling it a conspiracy.

And fuck you too. Lack of class takes all forms.

I don't care about people calling it a flashmob, that's the best way to describe it although it has a violent connotation. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the people who say it's a conspiracy. So fuck you right back!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Who put you up to this?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that, and I am too. But in this day and age it's getting a little ridiculous, like the McCarthyism of our time. There wasn't a communist under every rock then, and there isn't a liberal conceived conspiracy under every rock now

Dude, McCarthy was right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding ding ding.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He made wild, unsubstantiated allegations and ended up getting censured.  They even made up a new word to describe his reckless antics and attacks on the patriotism of political opponents.

In other words, he was an idiot who was likely wrong more than he was right, not that he had any evidence in the first place, and went down in flames of self destruction because in the fifties, that behavior was quite unacceptable.  I think people like you would like to bring it back, make it a tactic since adult leadership isn't a priority.

That's fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He made wild, unsubstantiated allegations and ended up getting censured.  They even made up a new word to describe his reckless antics and attacks on the patriotism of political opponents.

In other words, he was an idiot who was likely wrong more than he was right, not that he had any evidence in the first place, and went down in flames of self destruction because in the fifties, that behavior was quite unacceptable.  I think people like you would like to bring it back.

That's fucking stupid.

Are you saying Hollywood is not filled with communists?  Are you saying higher education is not filled with communists?  Are you saying our entire education system is not filled with communists?  Are you saying our government is not filled with communists?

Who is fucking stupid, sir?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

In other words, he was an idiot who was likely wrong more than he was right, not that he had any evidence in the first place, and went down in flames of self destruction because in the fifties, that behavior was quite unacceptable.  I think people like you would like to bring it back.

That's fucking stupid.

Are you saying Hollywood is not filled with communists?  Are you saying higher education is not filled with communists?  Are you saying our entire education system is not filled with communists?

You are fucking stupid if you believe that hollywood, government, etc.,  is filled with people who advocate for the usurpation by force of individual property rights, with all wealth to be held by the collective, and the emplacement of a totalitarian regime.   Perhaps a better word to describe your condition is ignorance of what communism actually is.

If you were to describe Hollywood as a bastion of liberalism, you would be correct, but I don't think being right about this is something you are terribly worried about.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fucking stupid.

Are you saying Hollywood is not filled with communists?  Are you saying higher education is not filled with communists?  Are you saying our entire education system is not filled with communists?

You are fucking stupid if you believe that hollywood, government, etc.,  is filled with people who advocate for the usurpation by force of individual property rights, with all wealth to be held by the collective, and the emplacement of a totalitarian regime.   Perhaps a better word to describe your condition is ignorance of what communism actually is.

If you were to describe Hollywood as a bastion of liberalism, you would be correct, but I don't think being right about this is something you are terribly worried about.

Seems like Michael Moore and a majority of Hollywood disagrees with you.  They love the Cuba, that bastian of liberalism.  

Edit:  Just admit it.  You would love to disappear people who disagree with your progressive ideals.  It's pretty obvious in your hatred.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's fucking stupid.

I take it you haven't heard of the Venona Project.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw a few beer bottles and frat t-shirts in the crowd outside of the White House. (watching on FNC)

Not surprising considering GW is only a couple blocks from the WH.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but there is a communist under every rock now.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, since they finally got a Commie in the white house, it looks like time for Joe McCarthy Jr. to step up and get part 2 going.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fucking stupid.

Are you saying Hollywood is not filled with communists?  Are you saying higher education is not filled with communists?  Are you saying our entire education system is not filled with communists?  Are you saying our government is not filled with communists?

So if universities and Hollywood are full of commies why haven't they struck in a coordinated attack in the last 60 years? Something tells me you'll be at the theater watching the latest blockbuster supporting the so called commies in Hollywood. Just saying.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fucking stupid.

So if universities and Hollywood are full of commies why haven't they struck in a coordinated attack in the last 60 years? Something tells me you'll be at the theater watching the latest blockbuster supporting the so called commies in Hollywood. Just saying.

I haven't been in a theater in years.  

Why would they need to attack?  It seems they are doing a pretty good job of turning the country into a communist state from the inside.  Look who is running this country now.  Far left liberals.  But to many in Hollywood, academia and the nations unions they aren't left enough, if you know what I mean.  They want more.

These people praise communist Cuba.  Russia and China  even realized communism doesn't work, yet these people think they can do it better.  And many of these people are teaching your children and making the propaganda you obviously watch in the movie theaters.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why strike anything? when all you have to do is brainwash the college kiddies.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why strike anything? when all you have to do is brainwash the college kiddies.

And they are doing a very good job of it based on the attitudes of many in this country.  It is truly frightening.

If you don't have the drive and ambition to work for nice things, tax the people who do so much that everyone suffers.  That is where we are headed.

Europe even sees the trap that they are headed down.  Yet the idiots in this country are blind to it.  They get free shit, so it sounds good to them!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#25]
So its settled. Stop sending your kids to school, no one is forcing anyone. When I attended college I was just myself and not influenced by anyone. Listening to liberals and conservatives argue about crazy shit daily forced me form my own neutral opinion. Eventually you (libs and conservatives) will be the end of this country and you will continue to blame each other for it. I am proud to hate every single far left liberal and far right conservative.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So its settled. Stop sending your kids to school, no one is forcing anyone. When I attended college I was just myself and not influenced by anyone. Listening to liberals and conservatives argue about crazy shit daily forced me form my own neutral opinion. Eventually you (libs and conservatives) will be the end of this country and you will continue to blame each other for it. I am proud to hate every single far left liberal and far right conservative.

Plenty of people are sending their kids to private schools or home schooling.

No one is stopping you from donating all your income to the government.  Just stay the hell out of my pockets and out of my life.  Not a very tough concept to grasp.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is stopping you from donating all your income to the government.  Just stay the hell out of my pockets and out of my life.  Not a very tough concept to grasp.

I'm not sure where you gather from my post my stance on issues. I don't support sending other people's kids to school on my dollar. Fuck kids. I don't support my money going to baby boomers for their bus passes and other government programs for them. Fuck baby boomers. But yea I've been to private catholic school until my last year in high school. Talk about indoctrination by the church lol. So, in essence, I agree no one should touch your dime unless you donate it. But I sure as hell would rather be learning advanced math at a university instead of learning about fictional books in church.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure where you gather from my post my stance on issues. I don't support sending other people's kids to school on my dollar. Fuck kids. I don't support my money going to baby boomers for their bus passes and other government programs for them. Fuck baby boomers. But yea I've been to private catholic school until my last year in high school. Talk about indoctrination by the church lol. So, in essence, I agree no one should touch your dime unless you donate it. But I sure as hell would rather be learning advanced math at a university instead of learning about fictional books in church.

Church hater, huh?  Not suprising.

I don't know nothin bout this fancy math you are talking about.  But I did make it through college and am a member of Tau Beta Pi.  Look it up.  Then readjust your attitude.  You know nothing about me other than I live in a state where we just cut taxes.  You live in a state that is bankrupt.

At some point people have to realize they have to pay for their own shit and be responsible for themselves.  You are part of the problem in this country.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know nothin bout this fancy math you are talking about.  But I did make it through college and am a member of Tau Beta Pi.  Look it up.  Then readjust your attitude.  You know nothing about me other than I live in a state where we just cut taxes.  You live in a state that is bankrupt.

At some point people have to realize they have to pay for their own shit and be responsible for themselves.  You are part of the problem in this country.  

Overwatch, I have literally no idea where your comments came from besides left field. Not a single part of that was relevant to this thread IMHO.

DigDug, while I laud your engineering honors program as someone who wishes I was smart enough to be an engineer, I don't see where your accusations come from. I don't think Overwatch was ever saying that anyone should pay for him or that he doesn't need to be responsible for himself, I'd say he was arguing the opposite. I mean to be honest I have no idea what he was getting at, but your accusations seem to be off the cuff out of left field as well.

The point is, before it got into communism, not that the school system is fucked up or that i should pay for someone elses education, but that what was a time for Americans to come together and celebrate is being demonized as a tool of organized liberal propaganda and it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Overwatch, I have literally no idea where your comments came from besides left field. Not a single part of that was relevant to this thread IMHO.

DigDug, while I laud your engineering honors program as someone who wishes I was smart enough to be an engineer, I don't see where your accusations come from. I don't think Overwatch was ever saying that anyone should pay for him or that he doesn't need to be responsible for himself, I'd say he was arguing the opposite. I mean to be honest I have no idea what he was getting at, but your accusations seem to be off the cuff out of left field as well.

The point is, before it got into communism, not that the school system is fucked up or that i should pay for someone elses education, but that what was a time for Americans to come together and celebrate is being demonized as a tool of organized liberal propaganda and it's bullshit.

Obama gets one week.  That is how long the liberals in this country held their tongues after 9-11.  I don't even think it was that long though.

And to think the leftist organizers in this country aren't capable of putting on a show for the cameras is being very naive, sorry to say.  It's called astroturf.  And the lefties invented it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#31]
It was staged by white house staffers, as admitted by Meredith Bagby in the Huffpost. Reference article at the bottom. Seems you missed that little tidbit. So now, why dont you go lay down and get over yourself. You are not that important...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/meredith-bagby/obama-the-man-who-got-the_b_856129.html
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not saying that the lefties aren't capable of putting together something like that, but I'm saying that sometimes an event need to be taken for what it actually is rather than for a liberal conspiracy. Were you at any of the rallies/flashmobs/conspiracy events? Because I was, and I'm not on any libtard phone tree (besides the fucking university). I understand they're fully capable, but you need to understand that there are also people capable of coming together on their own in celebration of America.

Let me say that again. In celebration of AMERICA. Not in celebration of Obama, not in celebration of liberals or conservatives or republicans or democrats, but America. Take it for what it really is, not for what you want it to be
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was staged by white house staffers, as admitted by Meredith Bagby in the Huffpost. Reference article at the bottom. Seems you missed that little tidbit. So now, why dont you go lay down and get over yourself. You are not that important...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/meredith-bagby/obama-the-man-who-got-the_b_856129.html

So you're telling me that White House staffers called George Washington University and got a hold of a couple thousand students and enticed them to come under the notion that they were advancing a liberal rally? Did they also call Penn State? Did they call Iowa State? I didn't get a fucking phone call, why was my stupid commie ass there?

Read the fucking article again. Not "staged" by staffers, led by them. Which is different. And likely means they were keeping the people there in check and keeping them off WH grounds. Who knows, but you really think that a couple WH staffers were responsible for thousands of Americans celebrating? Did they make the call to get people out in New York? Don't be fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I go to Iowa State, and there were around 6 to 8 thousand people rallying. I would venture to say that over half were conservatives.

It all started in Greekland, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top