Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:38:07 PM EDT
I already said 1. Its a constitutional right and 2. They save lives every day. He asked for 3 reasons give me one more!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Because criminals don't give a shit about the laws and they will always have guns, even if law biding citizens aren't allowed to.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
When seconds count the police are only minutes away

Athens, Tenn.  1946.

MS 13

There, three more reasons that gun laws should be less strict so that citizens can defend themselves from criminals, corrupt politicians, and gangs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Because criminals don't give a shit about the laws and they will always have guns, even if law biding citizens aren't allowed to.

THANKS!!! That's the one I was forgetting. I'm still flooding him with facts from the first 2 reasons but that was the other one I couldn't think of that I always use.

I love this little gem its an end all for most arguments "* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense.  Law-abiding
citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5
million times every year –– or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that
each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect
the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.2"

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Its a constitutional right

That should be enough. Do you feel the need to explain to people why you should have freedom of speech, too?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a constitutional right

That should be enough. Do you feel the need to explain to people why you should have freedom of speech, too?

I already threw that one in his face.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Easy access to find will make it simpler to shoot him in the face to make him stfu

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any talking points or evidence a dem would understand on the fact that criminals will not follow gun laws.

edit: NM I thought one up, I'm bringing up all the attacks that have happened in gun free zones.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone have any talking points or evidence a dem would understand on the fact that criminals will not follow gun laws.

edit: NM I thought one up, I'm bringing up all the attacks that have happened in gun free zones.

Yes the fact that everyone on cops has illegal guns.  It is illegal for them to have guns but they still carry them.  Figure that.  You need to mention the show cops in order to appeal to demoncraps simply because they haven't experienced life outside of the TV screen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]

3.  a gun killed osama
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
tell him to look at the 1st 2cnd and 4th ammendments of the bill of rights..and something happens thats pretty unique the words "the right of" and "the people " in same wording so its pretty clear what the forefathers menat..say that to those that say our 2cnd ammendment who say its not an individual right because we know it is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.guncite.com/

http://gunfacts.info/

http://jpfo.org/

http://www.a-human-right.com/

http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/noframedex.html

http://www.lizmichael.com/ninemyth.htm

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Because Osama Bin Laden was killed with a gun!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
"If a person isn't responsible enough to own a firearm, then how are they responsible enough to vote?"

I have used this several times. Some balk at it but it seems to work well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
3.)  "but I'm mad now!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
1) Cause Katrina happens. 2) Without the second amendment the first one wouldn't exist. 3) an armed society is a polite society.

It's really hard to explain to people that we live in a fragile state of peace that many don't realize could deteriorate in a matter of minutes. Not to far back in history guns meant your survival and that state of life is never far away. Quotes help, consider them rounds in the chamber you need to shoot them at the right times.

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”
Sigmund Freud quotes

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
–– Thomas Jefferson

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.
Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed –– where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once. Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

..and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." — Jesus Christ, Luke 22:36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top