Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/1/2011 4:56:13 AM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382322/Koran-burning-pastor-Terry-Jones-cuts-short-rally-hurled-shoes.html

Koran-burning pastor Terry Jones cuts short rally after he is pelted with shoes

Koran-burning pastor Terry Jones had
to cut short a rally after he was drowned out by counter-protesters and
hurled with shoes and water bottles.

Jones
was attempting to hold a demonstration in Dearborn, Michigan, objecting
to a ban that stopped a planned outside the largest mosque in America,
which is nearby.

The
controversial preacher was shouted down with abuse and chants from
counter-protesters as he spoke in the heavily Arab community.

Those Arabs and their freaking shoes..............

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
GWB sure has some moves, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Freedom of Speech, as long as you agree with the LIEberal opinion...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Mess with the bull, get the horns.

Terry Jones is a real-life troll, no different from the Westboro folks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF ? That kid in the grey shirt towards the right.
Does he have a beard and mustach?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dude he has lobster hands, I'm pretty sure he is abnormal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And his older brother is right behind him about to pop him on the head with a Reebok.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadnt noticed at first

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:07:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Like him or not, Rev. Jones is right and proved once again they are hypocrites.  His group behaved peacefully but the protesters did not and a couple were arrested.  Even the riot squad had to show up and make their presence known.  So much for the Religion of Peace crap.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn those wretched soles!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

abnormal?

what are you, some kind of anti-lobsterite?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't notice the hand , just that he looked about 8 yo with a beard.
And yes his brother is about to hit him in the head with a reebok.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Da Plane Da Plane!

Looks like Tattoo from Fantasy Island.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Good. As a matter of principal,  I totally support this guy's right to protest.  I also personally support him having his ass beat.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Next time bring a barrel of shoes and throw some back. Shoe fight!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

both are practicing their 1st Amendment Rights,,though I disagree in their methods and especially with Westboro's message, they HAVE A RIGHT
to speak their piece in the public square, and also have a right to be shouted down by an opposing view.

as far as Jones, pointing out a threat to Americas freedom, he is pretty much on message, though more than a bit of a wackjob ..ISLAM and the attempt to enact Sharia Law in the USA, is a threat to the Constitution and the Freedom of all Americans.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sure does appear to be so. That right hand is not lookin' to 'normal' either... could be a real sack of genetic inbreeding stage center there.

edit to add: nice mix of folks there. Lots of older adults, young adults & youngsters... start 'em young, indoctrinate them, get them used to the excitement and adrenalin. Teach them how to 'act' for demonstrations. Looks to be a 'well organized community effort'.

Maybe they're trying to shrug off the ROP crap. Get some real "street creds". So far, there's been little peaceful about the 'spontaneous street demonstrations'  taking place all across the middle east. Maybe the folks in Dearborne were feeling some solidarity and wanted to demonstrate their allegiance?

The riot squads presence is a good start!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like him or not, Rev. Jones is right and proved once again they are hypocrites.  His group behaved peacefully but the protesters did not and a couple were arrested.  Even the riot squad had to show up and make their presence known.  So much for the Religion of Peace crap.

+1 and I'm laughing at their inbred troll behind the barricade.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Next time bring a barrel of shoes and throw some back. Shoe fight!

Make something to work with these:

Drum Magazine

Half Moon Clip

Outlaw Biker Ass Kicking Machine

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

both are practicing their 1st Amendment Rights,,though I disagree in their methods and especially with Westboro's message, they HAVE A RIGHT
to speak their piece in the public square, and also have a right to be shouted down by an opposing view.

as far as Jones, pointing out a threat to Americas freedom, he is pretty much on message, though more than a bit of a wackjob ..ISLAM and the attempt to enact Sharia Law in the USA, is a threat to the Constitution and the Freedom of all Americans.

+1  I have no COC compliant things to say about how I feel about mooslims, especially the ones in the US.  I would like to have been at that rally with old Terry and started throwing shoes back.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So where's the 1st Amendment violation here?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Imagine all the stench.
It could be considered some sort of chemical attack
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#23]
new rage boy?

A protester throws a plastic bottle of orange liquid at Pastor Terry Jones and his supporters. (John T. Greilick / The Detroit News)
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Eh, the guy has a right to say anything he wants but I still think he's a douche....

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Non-profit biz opportunity:  Get Terry Jones to appear at your clothing drive rally for the poor.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

BEHEAD ALL WHO SAY ISLAM IS VIOLENT!

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#27]
there weren't any stones or rubble to pick up...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

inbreed much
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, something is wrong with that guy. Look at his hand, it looks deformed.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Assaulting a person is unlawful and not cool.

Engaging in douche-bag behavior in public creates a risk of making yourself a target for assholes who will assault you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Terry Jones is gonna get Deaded
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Hmmm. No coverage here in the States. Interesting. A headline of, "Peaceful pastor assaulted with hurled objects by muslim fanatics." would be nice to see from our unbiased, so called  journalists.

It is also interesting how the fucking savages have a row of women, children and "challenged" defectives in the front row, with the scowling, seething, probably sleeper cell member, shoe/bottle hurlers taking up the rear. Typical terrorist behavior to hide behind their weakest, while attacking with near impunity. Kind of like union members.

Now, imagine a Tea Party group throwing cotton balls, or any other completely harmless object at ANY group they were protesting. The howls of outrage would be deafening, yet these anti-american, terrorist supporting scum are free to throw bottles and shoes with just a token couple of arrests & nearly no domestic coverage. Hell, it's difficult to even speak candidly of it here without getting warned or banned.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#34]
If you get chased out of Dearborn by an Angry Mob, then you must be doing something right.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Peace.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They who? The guy is a fucking asshole and no one was interested in him bringing his faggotry up here...left right or indifferent, Muslim, Christian, or Jew. He did do one good thing and unite people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Strange thing is in Britain Muslims protested in front of Catholic churches all the time because of the actions of the Pope.
Ain't nobody threw shit at them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9xypqB5eo

PS- I like how the English guy said "If we protested in front of thier mosque we'd be arrested for inciting racial hatred, or at best we'd be attacked by thugs wearing tea towels on their heads."

And yes, in Britain you can be arrested for "inciting religious hatred". (protected groups excluded of course  )
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#38]
The anti-Jones tactic is clear.  The plan was that they would pelt Jones with shoes until he fell to the ground.  Then they would release lobsterboy, who would use his lobster claw to rip Jone apart and then eat him.

Lobsterboy has been spotted at numerous protests and the authorities have always been baffled.  At those previous events, the cause of death had always been considered to be due to a pack of wild dogs.  Now we know the truth.  Lobsterboy is their secret weapon.

The protesters are actually shouting, "Release lobsterboy on him !!!"  "Feed lobsterboy with the flesh of the infidel !!!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

they are throwing shoes, liquid filled bottles and other debris I assume at a man speaking his mind publicly.
You're calling him a troll and comparing him to the Westboro bunch and your "mess with the bull" comment, says to me you agree with the counter protestors. No?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Jones is an ass and probably deserves being smacked in the head a few times, but this is not cool.

Quoted:

Strange thing is in Britain Muslims protested in front of Catholic churches all the time because of the actions of the Pope.

Ain't nobody threw shit at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9xypqB5eo

PS- I like how the English guy said "If we protested in front of thier mosque we'd be arrested for inciting racial hatred, or at best we'd be attacked by thugs wearing tea towels on their heads."

And yes, in Britain you can be arrested for "inciting religious hatred". (protected groups excluded of course )

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well, he deserves it.

I bet most of the people who wholeheartedly approve of burning Korans would go apoplectic if they saw a Bible being burned.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  And if we paint all Muslims as our enemy, we can't really act surprised when they all become our enemy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Someone needs to blow up the picture of that little guy and come up with a new demotivational poster.

He seems harmless ......

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Freedom of Speech, as long as you agree with the LIEberal opinion...

He spoke freely.  He just picked an audience that didn't want to listen.

The constitution says nothing about forcing an audience to listen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he deserves it.

I bet most of the people who wholeheartedly approve of burning Korans would go apoplectic if they saw a Bible being burned.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  And if we paint all Muslims as our enemy, we can't really act surprised when they all become our enemy.

Bullshit im not a christian and i could give less than 2 fucks if anyone burns any sky fairy book. That being said the decent American Christians that i have been around in my life would just let the stupid shit go and keep on with their lives.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they are throwing shoes, liquid filled bottles and other debris I assume at a man speaking his mind publicly.

You're calling him a troll and comparing him to the Westboro bunch and your "mess with the bull" comment, says to me you agree with the counter protestors. No?

Do you even know what the First Amendment says?

"Congress shall make no law..."

How is Congress, or any other government body, infringing on his right to freedom of speech, the press, or to peaceably assemble?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#47]
One of those charity organizations that gathers shoes for 3rd-world countries should hire that dude to be a guest at their fund-raisers!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He blew his fingers off making a pipe bomb.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A. The Supreme Court says that money is the equivalent of speech.  IE: Money = Speech
B. Shoes and plastic bottles holding orange (someone needs to drink more water) liquid are purchased with money.
C. Shoes and orange liquid bottles are therefor the equivalent of Money.  IE: Money = Speech = Shoes

Douche bag agent provocateur "pastor" should be grateful that he was made a gift of so much size 12 speech and money.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

A. The Supreme Court says that money is the equivalent of speech.  IE: Money = Speech

B. Shoes and plastic bottles holding orange (someone needs to drink more water) liquid are purchased with money.

C. Shoes and orange liquid bottles are therefor shes are the equivalent of speech.  IE: Money = Speech = Shoes

Douche bag agent provocateur pastor should be grateful that he was made a gift of so much size 12 speech.

Nice strawman.   Assaulting someone else is not freedom of speech.  It's a crime.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top