Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 7:19:50 AM EDT
I am in the process of building an NFA registered short-barreled rifle, and I will be using a post-ban lower.  My question is, does registering the lower as a SBR allow me to configure the gun as a pre-ban?  In other words, will I be able to attach a collapsable stock and flash hider once it has been registered as a SBR??  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, unfortunately not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope. Doesn't make a dadburn lick of sense now, does it?

Eric The(OnceAPost-Ban,AlwaysAPost-Ban)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same question a week ago.
Now I am at a roadblock at having the local chief sign the Form 1. Not gonna happen in Ft Worth.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope, it can be a SBR but NOT a AW. However if you make it a registered machine gun you can do anything. Good luck trying to find registered parts.

Boomholzer, bypass your CLEO altogether. Form a S-Corp. Then you can deduct your toys off your taxes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Boomholzer, bypass your CLEO altogether. Form a S-Corp. Then you can deduct your toys off your taxes.
View Quote

From what I know, and I know little:
I would need a licensed C2 manufacturer to "assemble" my weapon. After that, the non-associated C2 licensed manufacturer can transfer the weapon to me; the president or executor of my "company" (on a form 5)?

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had the same question a week ago.
Now I am at a roadblock at having the local chief sign the Form 1. Not gonna happen in Ft Worth.
View Quote

Where in Ft. Worth?

You can also try a judge, the local DA, etc...  There's lot's of people you can use and bypass the local chief.
View Quote

Eagle Mtn Lake.

I live on the other side of Saginaw but my address is Ft Worth. I thought the form 1 required the CLEO. Does anyone know who the area "goto guy" is?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
You can register any NFA weapon except machine gun conversions now on a
Form 1 tax paid listing yourself as the manufacturer. You do not need a title 2 manuf. to do the work.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
For Lord's sake, you do not ever incorporate simply so you can obtain a Class III weapon!

Nor do you obtain an FFL in order to improve your personal collection, nor simply to be able to sell weapons at a gun show!

Don't y'all ever read the legal articles in Machine Gun News and Small Arms Review?

Eric The(Legal)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can register any NFA weapon except machine gun conversions now on a
Form 1 tax paid listing yourself as the manufacturer. You do not need a title 2 manuf. to do the work.
View Quote

Yes. But, Form 1 requires CLEO signature. The whole point in SA's post was to avoid the CLEO signature by filing for s-corp.
I added that I think that requires outisde C2 manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I know, and I know little:
I would need a licensed C2 manufacturer to "assemble" my weapon. After that, the non-associated C2 licensed manufacturer can transfer the weapon to me; the president or executor of my "company" (on a form 5)?

View Quote

No you can submit a Form 1 and do it yourself. I'm assuming we are talking a AR15 and something you know how to do.

The Form 1 can be put in your corps name and be lawfully possessed by any officer of that corp.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For Lord's sake, you do not ever incorporate simply so you can obtain a Class III weapon!

Nor do you obtain an FFL in order to improve your personal collection, nor simply to be able to sell weapons at a gun show!

Don't y'all ever read the legal articles in Machine Gun News and Small Arms Review?

Eric The(Legal)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

No but your S Corp started for other means can lawfully have machine guns transferred to it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The Form 1 can be put in your corps name and be lawfully possessed by any officer of that corp.
View Quote

looking for a new VP??? [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top