Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2002 4:27:11 PM EDT
Does anyone have problems using any of the Surefire Weaponlights on any RAS-equipped M4 or rifle?
M900s, MU series M95x, M96x, M97x??? I am a Low Light Instructor and would like to hear actual firing experience with these lights.
Thank you all.
Tom
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot several thousand rounds through my M4 with RAS using a Surefire 9V with the Millenim LM90 lamp on a KAC surefire mount.  Sure it's an older model, but the lamp is the same as the newer lights.  Haven't had a problem yet, still bright as hell.  Haven't had a bulb burst yet.  Too bad the batteries don't last long and are expensive.

I've used a lot of surefires (6V Benelli forearm, 6V MP5 forearm, 6V hand gun lights, and 6V on .308s) and had no problems with the exception of the old surefire dedicated mount for the USPC.  Caused the slide to lock back after about 5 shots on every mag.  Surefire offered to replace the unit, but I was stubborn and kept it for parts since the new model was less expensive...  
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No problems at all using mine mounted to the RAS on my M4.
[img]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/rikwriter/79_p1216.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top