Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2002 3:54:12 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,52681,00.html[/url]

[i]
A Budget truck was pulled over in Oak Harbor, Washington last Tuesday near the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station and found to have traces of TNT on the gearshift and traces of RDX plastic explosive on the steering wheel, Fox News has learned.
[/i]

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
And this incident happened LAST TUESDAY !
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Israeli Nationals??? What the hell?

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pizzing myself like a silly Palestinian popularly elected official!

Eric The(WoeIsUs!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
This hits close to home also, as I work over in Redmond.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]Shortly after midnight on May 7, federal officials say local police pulled the vehicle over for speeding. Documents read to Fox News indicate that the driver and passenger told local police they were delivering furniture from California but that authorities doubted the story because of the early morning hour.

A bombing sniffing dog first detected explosives on one of the men and inside the truck. High tech equipment was used later to confirm the presence of TNT and RDX plastic explosive.

Documents read to Fox News indicate that both driver and passenger were Israeli nationals. Investigators say a roadside check of the national database of immigration records indicated that one of the men had not entered the country legally, and the other was in violation of his visa. Both men were taken into custody for immigration violations.[/b]

I want to know if they are Israeli jews or arabs, and if they have any connection to the Israeli government.

Somehow I'm thinking this is another story that fades away...

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If there is anything to this story at all, it will not 'fade away.'

If there is nothing, it will 'fade away', except on certain internet websites.

So, I suppose if there's another terrorist attack on the United States, we'll all have to wonder - was it the Arabs? or the Jews?

Eric The(Sensible)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I would propose the following to the US gov't - as these boys appear to be Israeli nationals, we are going to hand them over to you with the assurances that you will squeeze them for the very last ounce of info on what they were doing with the truck, etc.

Use drugs, torture, etc., on them, as we consider this a 'ticking bomb' situation.

Give us a full and complete report.

You may now cash your check!

Eric The(Simple?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, you are simple. Do we know if they are Arabs or Jews? If the latter I have no confidence in the Israeli government getting to the bottom of anything, and would prefer our own legal and security system to take it's course.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dammit.... why does all the terrorism stuff keep happening up here? First it was the Millenium Bomber guy caught at the ferry dock on his way in from Canada. Now this.... We ain't got nothing here but trees!

Oh and all those airplane manufacturing facilities, oh and Bangor Submarine base's nuclear weapon storage, oh and Hanford nuclear reservation, oh and of course Grand Coulee Dam with a good portion of the Western US's hydroelectric facilities down stream from it. [V]
View Quote

I too can see no attraction for any terrorists group !
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Post from shooter69 -
Yes, you are simple. Do we know if they are Arabs or Jews?
View Quote

Does it matter, if the Israelis are asking the questions?
If the latter I have no confidence in the Israeli government getting to the bottom of anything
View Quote

Well, we could make it obvious that our future relationship might well depend upon the answers they can get for us, using their, er, unique methods. Methods which are not legal in this country. Remember, we told them it was a 'ticking bomb'?
...and would prefer our own legal and security system to take it's course.
View Quote

Oh yeah, we're doing a great job on the folks we have!

[b]Wanna make a bet that 'Jihad' Johnny Walker Lindh walks?[/b]

If we had simply left him in Afghanistan, we wouldn't have the problem now.

There are a lot of US citizens in foreign jails right now, why not one more?

Eric The([u]Very[/u]Simple)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do we know if they are Arabs or Jews?
View Quote

If I remember correctly, the second FOX report stated "Israeli Nationals."
No mention of ethnicity.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll Check Drudge.

Ben

.. Holy Moly Batman, here is something new,
AP, May 13, 2002

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A suspicious package found inside a mail drop box exploded Monday as it was being defused by a police bomb squad, authorities said.
The blast sprayed shrapnel for 100 feet, but no one was injured, FBI spokeswoman Linda Vizi said.

Mark Chait, a special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, said he wasn't sure what the explosive device was made of but said its remnants would be analyzed.

A mail carrier discovered the package inside the mailbox in a residential neighborhood and became alarmed by writing on its exterior.

"He didn't like the looks of it, he didn't like the writing on it," Vizi said. She declined to describe the writing.

A police official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity said a note attached to the package said "Free Palestine" and mentioned al-Qaida, Osama bin Laden's terrorist network.
View Quote

[url]http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAI7EDY61D.html[/url]

I will keep looking.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would I think ETH would have a different solution to Israeli nationals apprehended here... [rolleyes]

Quoted:
Does it matter, if the Israelis are asking the questions?
View Quote

Quite possibly, yes. Unlike you I do not have 10,000% confidence in everything the Israeli government says. It is actually possible that our interests may diverge at times. {shock} {horror}

Well, we could make it obvious that our future relationship might well depend upon the answers they can get for us, using their, er, unique methods. Methods which are not legal in this country. Remember, we told them it was a 'ticking bomb'?
View Quote

I have no interest in threatening them.

Oh yeah, we're doing a great job on the folks we have!
View Quote

Earth to Hun. Illegal acts that occur in the United States ARE OUR RESPONSIBILITY. Your suggestion, at best, is a cop-out. Make suggestions to improve the justice system and intelligence services here. The founding fathers would not approve, Eric.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from shooter69 -
Earth to Hun.
View Quote

Yes?? Yes??? Hmm, this line is dead.
Illegal acts that occur in the United States ARE OUR RESPONSIBILITY.
View Quote

No, since foreign nationals are involved, we can handle them any g-d way we please![:D]
Your suggestion, at best, is a cop-out.
View Quote

Sez you! Do you want these cretins squeezed or put back on the streets?
Make suggestions to improve the justice system and intelligence services here.
View Quote

Why, I think we're doing great, don't you?
The founding fathers would not approve, Eric.
View Quote

Oh, would those be the 'Founding Fathers' as understood and interpreted by the ACLU and The People for the American Way, and their ilk?

Or the 'Founding Fathers' as they really lived and thought?

So when were the last flogging or corporal punishment sentences handed out in this country?

Any idea?

So, I see you must believe in the new and improved 'Founding Fathers', eh?

Well, I don't. Simple as that!

Eric The(Crap!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If sarcasm was a solution, Eric, you'd be a miracle worker.

Oh, would those be the 'Founding Fathers' as understood and interpreted by the ACLU and The People for the American Way, and their ilk?

Or the 'Founding Fathers' as they really lived and thought?
View Quote

That would be the founding founders that didn't think foreign governments should be given charge of our domestic considerations, if even on our behalf.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Post from shooter69 -
If sarcasm was a solution, Eric, you'd be a miracle worker.
View Quote

Thanks, I do what I can.
That would be the founding founders that didn't think foreign governments should be given charge of our domestic considerations, if even on our behalf.
View Quote

Hmmm, I'm not familiar with those fellows either.

I think the only Founding Fathers I know are the ones who believed that we should work out our problems however the hell we wanted to work them out.

Do you think Jihad Johnny will walk? Huh?

Do you think it might have been better to leave him and the rest of those Sad Sacks at Gitmo over in Afghanistan?

I do. I think they'd get exactly what they deserved! Period.

BTW, the last flogging of a criminal in the US occurred in Delaware in [b]1952.[/b]

'But, but, but', you say, 'surely that was excessive, cruel, and unusual punishment????'

Nope, the US Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal!

They listened to the correct 'Founding Fathers' back in 1952, it appears.

Eric The(Sarcastic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, I do what I can.
View Quote

I know I can count on you to keep up the "good work." [;)]

Do you think it might have been better to leave him and the rest of those Sad Sacks at Gitmo over in Afghanistan?

I do. I think they'd get exactly what they deserved! Period.
View Quote

I wouldn't have shed a tear had he been killed in combat. As our prisoner I would like to see him tried for treason and not simply dealt with by extra-judicial means. Even in war there are rules. We are different Eric, and for a lawyer sworn to uphold the constitution (I know, doesn't apply to him. Wrong place, wrong time, blah-blah-blah) you are one strange bird. (But I like you!)

I'm not sure what your obsession is with the US penal code, but FYI I've said here before that there is no basis for liberal judges interpreting certain punishments as being unconstitutional ("cruel and unusual") when they occured right under the noses (and with the assent) of the writers of said document.

You do go strange places for the sake of arguement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top