Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 8:18:24 PM EDT
The rats are fleeing the sinking ship...
According to the AP, Hillary's one word answer in reference to the above was "No."  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The rats are fleeing the sinking ship...
According to the AP, Hillary's one word answer in reference to the above was "No."  

Maybe the sinking ship is deserting the rat?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Based on what I've heard from all the west-wing staffers who left last year, there's a good chance O will not run for a second term.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
She still has eyes on the whitehouse.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Hillary is just putting a bit of distance between herself and Obama in preparation for a potential presidential run.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Based on what I've heard from all the west-wing staffers who left last year, there's a good chance O will not run for a second term.

Unless the republicans fail to offer a decent candidate.  Incumbents always have an advantage.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hillary is just putting a bit of distance between herself and Obama in preparation for a potential presidential run.

She claims this is not the case....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Good.

Can we get a Man? Seriously. No more female SOS.  I'm sorry, but many nations just don't respect women and don't appreciate negotiating with them and I honestly think if you're going to be DIPLOMATIC best to not piss people off through your chief diplomat. Just saying.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to hate myself for saying this, and am probably about to get reamed out hard, but I bet Hillary would have done a better job as President then Obama has.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The best thing that Obama could possibly do for the Democratic party would be to not seek re-election.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've heard this as well. Apparently he's miserable and hates being President. He ran for the sole purpose of winning.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh-huh.

Bill also said that he had no intention of running for president while he was the governor....and then went out and did exactly that.

Two peas in a pod.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going to hate myself for saying this, and am probably about to get reamed out hard, but I bet Hillary would have done a better job as President then Obama has.

I actually agree 100%.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I really doubt that. He may not be confident of winning but there is no way in hell that he will not run. The only way I could see him not running is if he knows that he fucked up the country so bad that in the next term the country will go all to hell and he doesn't want take the credit for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh-huh.

Bill also said that he had no intention of running for president while he was the governor....and then went out and did exactly that.

Two peas in a pod.

I think the Clintons have every intention of attempting to return to the White House.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#16]
of course we all know Honest Hillary would never tell a lie.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You could say the same thing about a garden gnome.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard this as well. Apparently he's miserable and hates being President. He ran for the sole purpose of winning.

I hope this is the reason he wouldn't run.  If it's not, I would be very concerned that there is something brewing that he is aware of, and it is unable to be controlled/corrected and he doesn't want it to happen on his watch.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope this is the reason he wouldn't run.  If it's not, I would be very concerned that there is something brewing that he is aware of, and it is unable to be controlled/corrected and he doesn't want it to happen on his watch.  

Gotta be hard to be the President when you are expected to work and all you really want to do is play golf, basketball, and vacation with the fam....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The best thing that Obama could possibly do for the Democratic party would be to not seek re-election.

No doubt.

But he won't, his ego won't let him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My impression is that he really doesn't like the job. It's just too much much responsibility, he's forced to deal with too much reality, and absolutely nobody appreciates the difficulty. Even DU has turned on him. POTUS turns men grey and this is a very difficult time for the nation.

I think he liked the idea of being the savior of mankind a lot more than the actual work of saving stuff.

I also think his run to the middle was more than a calculated political move. Being in the position, getting the briefings, I think his certainty has been shaken and he's just trying not to fuck up too badly now.

It's not like he can rely on his VP to handle stuff either...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The economic numbers don't lie and he even gets the undoctored ones so he knows more than we do what we are facing in what could be his second term. What will be interesting is ten years from now when he sees what his policy has done will he change his opinions? There is no way he could ever admit what he did was wrong, he is too pompous and egotistical to admit that anything he did was wrong but I will be curious to see if he learns from his mistakes or if his ego is too fragile to even do that.

Also I wonder if him questioning running has anything to do with the new laws in a few states requiring proof of eligibility to run in the next election?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well sure. it's hard work, lots of responsibility, and he's actually got to make real decisions that have real consequences.  Of course he hates it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My impression is that he really doesn't like the job. It's just too much much responsibility, he's forced to deal with too much reality, and absolutely nobody appreciates the difficulty. Even DU has turned on him. POTUS turns men grey and this is a very difficult time for the nation.

I think he liked the idea of being the savior of mankind a lot more than the actual work of saving stuff.

I also think his run to the middle was more than a calculated political move. Being in the position, getting the briefings, I think his certainty has been shaken and he's just trying not to fuck up too badly now.

I would believe that except for the timing. He was super progressive right up until he got his ass handed to him in the midterm elections and only then did he run to the middle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where did you hear it...

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm actually ALL for a President and Congress who ONLY play golf, on our dime, 365 days a year. If we need them we will fire up the jackass and pachyderm symbol.

With over 90,000 rules and regulations we don't need more laws, we need enforcement and accountability.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would believe that except for the timing. He was super progressive right up until he got his ass handed to him in the midterm elections and only then did he run to the middle.

the only thing in the middle is some of his rhetoric.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually agree 100%.
It pains me to say I agree

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The economic numbers don't lie and he even gets the undoctored ones so he knows more than we do what we are facing in what could be his second term. What will be interesting is ten years from now when he sees what his policy has done will he change his opinions? There is no way he could ever admit what he did was wrong, he is too pompous and egotistical to admit that anything he did was wrong but I will be curious to see if he learns from his mistakes or if his ego is too fragile to even do that.

Also I wonder if him questioning running has anything to do with the new laws in a few states requiring proof of eligibility to run in the next election?

In a nut shell:

[Right wingers in control in 2008, economy crashes.

Dear Leader and his Hope and Change Warriors of Love save us from the brink and bring the Dow to 12k and lead the summer of recovery.

2012 Right wingers win POTUS because Americans are greedy and once again the economy crashes (has nothing to do with massive QE, buying our own bonds, or stimulus and explosive government spending.]

Hell I wouldn't want to take the reigns in 2012 either.

I wouldn't be shocked if the republicans have no intention of winning in 2012.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Obunghole
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Ol' Silver Tongue Joe can get away with voting Present as President of the Senate, but.....

With the world going to shit, the POTUS can't.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't she also claim her marriage is not a sham?

She is a 100% political animal.  While I doubt she is leaving as Sec State to run (more likely, the excitement of power and control wore out an the fact that the world does its own thing really got under her skin), I wouldn't believe a word she says.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top