Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2011 11:27:38 AM EDT
Just kind of curious. Girlfriend was in my bed half naked and needed her wallet from her car. I'm fully dressed and she asked me to go out and get her wallet. Its been raining for about 4 days now and it still is. I thought about it for a minute and decided I would do it. Does this mean I'm whipped? FWIW the pie is in good supply, she bought me a nice pocket knife a while ago, she doesn't bitch that I chew, sammich making skills are not the greatest but I'll give her some time. Pics may be in BOTD.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You did something nice for your girl. That doesn't make you whipped, it makes you a good guy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Protip:  She minds that you chew.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You did something nice for your girl. That doesn't make you whipped, it makes you a good guy.

This
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Your girlfriend is half naked in your bed.  Do what she asks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't do it in that situation.

But it doesn't make you whipped.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Usually if she shows her tits, I am a nice guy. (Probably whipped.)

But I do more for my boss and I don't want to see his bitch tits.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I agree.

+3.  When she starts making snide remarks and put downs and you tolerate it, you are whipped.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Protip:  She minds that you chew.

Ok, I will concede that. I am sure that she does not like it, however she does not bitch and nag me about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me ask my SO.

She'll know.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She asked you to, and you did = fine.

She TOLD you to, and you did = whipped

Hahah that is exactly what I said to her. I said "Well, considering the pie has been in good supply and you asked I will do it."

I again told her that if she ever tells me to do something as a demand then she will not get what she wants.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Your whipped if your the one go go make a sammich after doing the horizontal polka
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I agree.

+3.  When she starts making snide remarks and put downs and you tolerate it, you are whipped.

No worries about that. Its actually been a pretty good relationship a few rough spots, but we got worked through it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#15]
If you treat her as you would like to be treated then you're completely whipped.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#16]
top half nakid=meh
bottom half nakid= do what she asks
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1

When you start paying for everything, she's cheating on you, gained 80 pounds since you started dating, won't get up to make her own fat ass a snack, screams at you and demands immediate attention, calls you like 80 times a day wanting to know where you're at, who you're with, etc. including when you're at work.

My friend is fucked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#18]
na, that called being a gentleman. its ok to do so. so is opening doors, letting ladies go first, and even standing when they leave/return to the table. manners will get you far grasshopper.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#19]
The point of no return is when you wake up one day and find that you're washing her back but she's not washing yours.  And I call it "the point of no return" because in my experience, when a woman gets used to pushing you around, she'll never be willing to meet you halfway anymore on anything.  Once that precedent is set the relationship is toast and ejection is the only sensible course of action.

So yea, be nice but also realize that "nice" has to flow in both directions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Not whipped. When she doesn't allow you to have friends and you go for it well....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you treat her as you would like to be treated then you're completely whipped.

Hahaha that is one thing I don't believe in, that particular statement. "Treat others how you would want to be treated" Well thats a bunch of bull because there are tons of people that like weird shit that I would never do. So I certainly don't want someone treating me in the manner in which they like to be treated... I prefer "Don't deprive anyone of their liberties."
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
top half nakid=meh
bottom half nakid= do what she asks

Hahahahah....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#23]
One of the biggest causes of tension with my wife and I is shit like this.

I get pretty resentful when I'm asked/told to do things. IMHO, being NICE is VOLUNTEERING to do something.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I have not yet received permission to answer this thread......

OP....you did good IMO.

RG
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

When you start paying for everything, she's cheating on you, gained 80 pounds since you started dating, won't get up to make her own fat ass a snack, screams at you and demands immediate attention, calls you like 80 times a day wanting to know where you're at, who you're with, etc. including when you're at work.

My friend is fucked.

That does not work for me. That is the first thing I told her after I took a year off from relationships outside of fwb,  before I got with her. If you nag me or call me every second, or bitch about what I do. I will kick you to the curb so quickly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I get pretty resentful when I'm asked/told to do things. IMHO, being NICE is VOLUNTEERING to do something.

Really? I don't mind doing nice things if I am asked. She has never told me to do anything. If she should ever I warned her that it will be bad.

The thing is how could I volunteer for something that I did not know that she needed? It makes it terribly difficult when she expects something and I have no idea what it is that she wants or need. If she asks me it works out better.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#27]
You should have told her of the dangers of leaving her wallet in the car, then made her get dressed and go get herself.

She may not have come back , but you would have imparted a good life lesson, and thats whats important.......................fornicator.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This, plus she was half naked and you were not.

Just go get her wallet.

Provide wallet

Profit

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You get resentful when your wife asks you do to something for her?
Really?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? I don't mind doing nice things if I am asked. She has never told me to do anything. If she should ever I warned her that it will be bad.

The thing is how could I volunteer for something that I did not know that she needed? It makes it terribly difficult when she expects something and I have no idea what it is that she wants or need. If she asks me it works out better.
My wife used to have a HUGE issue with not phrasing things as a request. It may just be that I'm particularly sensitive about it, but there is a HUGE difference between "Honey, will you take out the trash?" and "Honey, the trash needs to go out."

Granted, I am FIERCELY independent, and the women in my wife's family can be a bit controlling.

I'm no slacker, and if I view something as my responsibility (like the trash), I get offended if someone points out that it needs to be done.

I think that I spoiled my wife a bit earlier in our relationship, and sometimes it feels like she will immediately ask me to do something that she doesn't feel like doing.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You should have told her of the dangers of leaving her wallet in the car, then made her get dressed and go get herself.

She may not have come back , but you would have imparted a good life lesson, and thats whats important.......................fornicator.

This!

Back to the basement I go....

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get resentful when your wife asks you do to something for her?

Really?
Ummmmm... yeah, if there isn't a good reason why she can't do it.

ETA: I believe in chivalry, but despise learned helplessness. I grew up in the Old South, and the women in my family insist on taking care of their own shit. I hate the fucking "sitcom husband" syndrome that has taken over middle America.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Am I the first to ask for PICS?  Really? Slackers
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife used to have a HUGE issue with not phrasing things as a request. It may just be that I'm particularly sensitive about it, but there is a HUGE difference between "Honey, will you take out the trash?" and "Honey, the trash needs to go out."

Granted, I am FIERCELY independent, and the women in my wife's family can be a bit controlling.

I'm no slacker, and if I view something as my responsibility (like the trash), I get offended if someone points out that it needs to be done.

I think that I spoiled my wife a bit earlier in our relationship, and sometimes it feels like she will immediately ask me to do something that she doesn't feel like doing.

The phrasing that you referenced is the difference between a demand and a request. In your second statement is a demand and the first is a request. For instance my girlfriend is moving from her house back home. I'm currently in the middle of a project and I have fire training the day that she wants me to bring my pickup over. She asked me to do it and I said sure. I have no problem helping people, however should she have decided that she was going to command me as in "Hey bring over your pickup on xxx date, to help me move." You can bet that I would have told her no.

Its all in how you word your sentences in order to get me to do something. Someone who needs help and requests it will get it. Someone who demands help because they are too lazy or just demanding, will not get it. Someone who I see struggling and is too proud to ask for help, but is trying I will jump in and help out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This!

Back to the basement I go....

Get back in the hole sugar bear and put the lotion on the skin. I will deal with you later...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The phrasing that you referenced is the difference between a demand and a request. In your second statement is a demand and the first is a request. For instance my girlfriend is moving from her house back home. I'm currently in the middle of a project and I have fire training the day that she wants me to bring my pickup over. She asked me to do it and I said sure. I have no problem helping people, however should she have decided that she was going to command me as in "Hey bring over your pickup on xxx date, to help me move." You can bet that I would have told her no.

Its all in how you word your sentences in order to get me to do something. Someone who needs help and requests it will get it. Someone who demands help because they are too lazy or just demanding, will not get it. Someone who I see struggling and is too proud to ask for help, but is trying I will jump in and help out.
The only thing that I will add is that the FREQUENCY of requests can sometimes imply that your help is EXPECTED.

That's when I get pissed off.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that I will add is that the FREQUENCY of requests can sometimes imply that your help is EXPECTED.

That's when I get pissed off.

I couldn't agree more. If I am getting asked to help every day, for things that someone can be reasonably expected to do I will get a bit mad. I do see something like that as something that results in them trying to get me to take over a chore. I would make a trade but not add another duty... An example, I have to change the oil. I may show someone how to do it. If they have problems or questions I'll shadow them until they learn. Another item, say the trash is to heavy for someone so I get frequently asked to do it. I pick that chore and would trade vaccuming, dusting, dishes etc. something lighter/combo of lighter activities. My thing is match your skills and abilities to what you have to do.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Did she provide you with her ham wallet after you got back?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Wisdom... You has it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Nobody asks why a half nekkid girl in bed needs her wallet right now, huh?

OP, is she paying you for sex?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where else do you keep condoms?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#43]
You did something nice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I would say your "whipped" when she ask's you to go get your wallet............
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

There you go.

If it is one-sided, then you may be whipped.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hahahah she sure is! She sure as shit ain't getting this good stuff for free.... Lol no she had to buy some kind of study guide for her class or something I guess lol.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where else do you keep condoms?  

Glove box of my pickups, and or my drawer near my bed. Also a sidearm in there too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hahahah if she didn't buy me an expensive pocket knife I would say the same. But I guess likewise, I did buy her expensive jewelry lol not a ring though...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahah if she didn't buy me an expensive pocket knife I would say the same. But I guess likewise, I did buy her expensive jewelry lol not a ring though...

Less about the woman, more about the knife.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Less about the woman, more about the knife.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item––i-BEN9100SBK?src=D0711GBPE071120G&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=feed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top