Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 10:47:39 AM EDT
I've been sick with this stuff for over 3 weeks now with no sign of it letting up.  

Symptoms:
Severe Congestion
Coughing
Swollen/Scratchy throat
Fatigue
Muscle aches
Puking (here and there)

It's not bacterial, doc said to look out for yellow/green snot.

Anyone had this? I don't know when it will end.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I started with it on Feb 28th, and I still have the "cough" every night.

I think it is a 3-4 week deal.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I had it, the wife had and the cat had it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
i had it. most of my work did too. i was out of work a few days with fever, then coughing and congestion for 2 weeks. then fever again, then it tapered off.
i'm still coughing a little every now and then. some people got bronchitis. others had a bit of puking.
it's all over though, indiana to florida, everywhere between i imagine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I started coming down with it Friday night.
Spent all weekend in bed with a fever and chills.
Called in sick yesterday and today, I can't breath, I threw my back out during one coughing attack, my throat is scratchy.

Fucked up last weekend (I wanted to go dirt bike riding) and it's going to fuck up this weekend (want to go dirt bike riding).

Worst part about is that it takes about 4 weeks for this shit to run its course.

I wish people would stay home when they are sick.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Had it, lasts for 2 weeks before all symptoms are gone...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I was off 6 weeks ago for three days.I've been off 2 days so far this time.Went to work this morning poured a cup of coffee clocked out and went home.Glad I have days but I would rather use them when the water temperature is up!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
two weeks of
Rhino virus
Coughing
Slight fever
aches

Last thursday
runs
vomiting
till Sunday

Yesterday
Bronchitis

Lots of fun..

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm over it but my sinuses are still clearing out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
These past two years have made me lose all faith in what used to be my iron immune system. Two years ago I got a touch of flu in the fall and a bad case of bronchitis in the winter. This last year I got a bad cold in the fall and two more in the winter. WTF. Those winter illnesses lasted a good month each before all symptoms subsided.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Got it now

First time that I have ever called out of work.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been sick for almost three weeks now. I'm over it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I had it at the end of Jan.  for 2-3 weeks, then just got the damn thing again.   Wife unit says this seems to be a common pattern this spring.

I don't think I've even had a serious cold or flu for ten or fifteen years.    That's what I get for: going out in public/ to the dentist/ on an airplane/ to high-altitude he!! Colorado/ to high-altitude he!! New Mexico/ not drinking enough beer/ working out in cold weather.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Hit me about a month ago.  Haven't been that sick in years.  Laid half our office out.  Still fighting a bit of a cough but nothing like what it was.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Nope.

Haven't gotten a flu shot in 10 years, and never had the
flu once, despite having three school age children and
traveling a great deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top