Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 11:12:44 AM EDT
Japans prime minister says the current crisis is worst test for Japan since WWII.

I will assume he is not talking about the whole war, just the 2 H Bombs.

I know the current crisis is not over but just a quick guess.....

Which is/was worse??

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Really?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
"since" ?

I can believe that
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#3]
A-Bombs killed way more
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Japans prime minister says the current crisis is worst test for Japan since WWII.

Which is/was worse??

you do realize we didnt have hydrogen bombs til the 1950's...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Some places look almost worse than the aftermath of both bombs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't we already do this thread?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The current disaster and it's not even close.  

Earthquakes, tsunami, fires, possible reactor meltdowns, shit they are experiencing what the apocalypse would be like.

Edit:  A better question would be how the loss of life effects the population since Japan has a negative birth rate.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#8]
sorry   meant abomb    

i have had 4 spaten optimators
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
There might be more deaths with the Abombs, but the damage from the quake is much much worse.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#10]

no idea.  

if we did, i missed it, so to fuckin bad.

i aint gonna search for unknown topic names.......

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Similar, but the OP in that thread was actually criticizing the Japs for it and got a time out/lock for it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#12]
H-bomb was developed after WWII, but nice try.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A-Bombs killed way more

Yes/No.....

Yes compared to the current disasters but the combined fire-bombing campaign killed more than both Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Which is/was worse??

We burned a lot more than just two cities during WWII.  We also killed off a significant portion of their young male population.  Their industrial capacity was a smoldering hulk by the time we were done with them.  I'm thinking WWII was a pretty low point in Japanese history.  We did a real number on them before they quit.

It's all apples and oranges, really.  They are suffering from a natural disaster, not some act of war.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is/was worse??

We burned a lot more than just two cities during WWII.  We also killed off a significant portion of their young male population.  Their industrial capacity was a smoldering hulk by the time we were done with them.  I'm thinking WWII was a pretty low point in Japanese history.  We did a real number on them before they quit.

It's all apples and oranges, really.  They are suffering from a natural disaster, not some act of war.

we firebombed the fuck out of them.  Hiroshima and Nagasaki were two of five or six (?) cities/targets that were left alone (not fire bombed) so when/if the time came to use the new A-bombs, they would have an ability to measure their effectiveness.  The Japanese were afforded several opportunities to bring things to an end and chose not to.  WW2 ended in 1945, this is now 2011.  This is all a moot discussion, as quoted in the OP, current events are measured  since ww2, not including.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Which is/was worse??

I wouldn't assume that.   He's a politician.   Luckily, he's also the greatest Japanese leader of the postwar era if not in all of Japanese history.  Odds are the next will have the same opinion of himself.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#17]
IIRC, the two atomic bombs did less than 4% of the bomb damage to Japan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top