Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 8:11:30 PM EDT
So I have had Diabetes for around ten years.. I have developed  a touch of retinopathy..
This causes my vision to be blurry sometimes for short periods at random..
Any of you guys deal with this as far a it affecting your shooting sports???

The Red dot sights I have now seem to help me somewhat .. I was wondering if anyone with this prob uses a nice scope with a focus adj on it and if it helps???
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had diabetes for 3 years and just got through my eye test without any vascular damage. My eyesight has gone down to 20-60, but that could be age related, (45), and my whole family wears eyeglasses.

I still don't have your symptoms.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
With diabetes, it's also real important to maintain a good hydration level. Low hydration will cause blurry vision that will be noticeable from day to day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I went 5-6 years undiagnosed before I found out.. My last retinal exam showed that all but one tiny lesion had healed, since I have been taking excellent care of myself.. Take care of your disease..You don't want this crap..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top