Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 6:36:50 PM EDT
Is anyone watching Apocalypse Now?  Is it on Showtime back East?  The new version with 48 extra minutes will be on in another 1/2 hr on the West Coast.  I assume it started 2 1/2 hrs ago East Coast time.  I'm just wondering if anyone is watching it back East and if it is worthwhile with the new footage?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
48 EXTRA minutes!?!?

man now it's the super long mother movie of all time.

The best part is when they come up on that firefight ot night and the one dudes like "It's beautiful man"  
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the DVD.It's a good movie but it is long...It took me two nights to watch it.Their is one BIG blooper in the movie,see if you can find it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have the DVD.It's a good movie but it is long...It took me two nights to watch it.Their is one BIG blooper in the movie,see if you can find it.
View Quote

Would the blooper be the fact that they were using 30 round mags in 1967 or 1968? I watched a little but switched to DVD at the request of the GF. I haven't seen it in years. Am I right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the original title for "Apocalypse Now" was "Is This POS Ever Gonna End?"  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Its replaying at 11pm (now)EST on the show west feed if you have satellite.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Would the blooper be the fact that they were using 30 round mags in 1967 or 1968? I watched a little but switched to DVD at the request of the GF. I haven't seen it in years. Am I right?
View Quote

No, the movie takes place in early 1970 (Chef is reading a newspaper about the Manson family and Tate-LaBianca murders). I think the blooper referred to is Larry Fishburne's (now known as LAURENCE Fishburne) scene shooting up the sampan with the M60 and opening it up to reveal BLANKS.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Bingo!
When I saw it on DVD that was the first thing I noticed.30 round mag's everwhere!![:O]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top