Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2011 7:25:57 AM EDT
Is right now the best time to sell a jetski? Or is spring? I have an older yamaha 4 seater im trying to sell, but dont know if winter time is the best time or not. I figured people might be looking to buy them with summer comming up, since they arent really used during the wintertime.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]
id venture to guess you should put it up the first nice day of the year, just like a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
id venture to guess you should put it up the first nice day of the year, just like a motorcycle.

Yeah, i have no experience selling something seasonal like this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Wait for about March/April....

When the weather starts to get back into the upper 50's and 60's with sunshine.  That is when people start planning for summer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
List it a couple weeks before the Memorial Day weekend.  I bought mine that time of year and sold it a couple years later at about the same time.  Lots of people hit the lake that weekend.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
April
After taxes done
Just as getting warm.

CP
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I work for a jetski shop generally we sell the most used skis between June and July 4 th the week before the forth being the best. This is nj so July 4 is the real start of the season here. I'm guessing its a suv? They are quite popular with divers and fishermen so I would put some ads on one of those boards.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I work for a jetski shop generally we sell the most used skis between June and July 4 th the week before the forth being the best. This is nj so July 4 is the real start of the season here. I'm guessing its a suv? They are quite popular with divers and fishermen so I would put some ads on one of those boards.

Yeah, its a SUV. Since you work for a jetski shop, do they generally pay good money for one with low hours, If theres 50-75 hours on it, I'd be surprised.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
March 16th between 3 and 6pm.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
April
After taxes done
Just as getting warm.

CP

Exactly this April/May

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, its a SUV. Since you work for a jetski shop, do they generally pay good money for one with low hours, If theres 50-75 hours on it, I'd be surprised.

Yea that would be what we would consider a low hour machine people seem to get hung up on anything over 100. That's a bullet proof engine too non pv yamaha motors are very reliable compared to the newer 1200 pv ones . Buyers might ask to know compression numbers too for that ski should be around 125 per hole.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
April
After taxes done
Just as getting warm.

CP

Exactly this April/May

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
March 16th between 3 and 6pm.

Damn...I had that time blocked...guess I'll just have to free up my schedule.
Top Top